Home

NHL 12 Video - 2 More Legends, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - 2 More Legends, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 12 - final 2 legends

Maybe more will be available for DLC.

Gamertag: BMann1976
PSN ID: Introvert1976
Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

It's a good thing to know that many people are happy with the choice of Yzerman as one of the 9 legends. To me, the bests ever are Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Howe, Richard, Roy, Bourque, Lafleur, Coffey, Beliveau, Messier, Esposito, Harvey, Bossy, Bobby Hull and some others. Like I said before, even if he was great, I never thought Yzerman was one of the 10 or even 15 greatest players of all time, but hey, I may also be wrong. It could be a long debate, everyone has his own opinion and preferences, so it's all good, I don't think there's a good or a bad answer about it.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 08-18-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiev
You would be hard pressed to name a better two way player in history then Steve Yzerman. This was a player who could have put up gawdy numbers for his whole career but he chose to alter his game and became one of the games most dominant two way players in history. Gretzky and Lemieux didn't even know they had a goalie. Rumour has it that one time Gretzky asked Grant Fuhr why he was in the dressing room if he didn't play in the games.

Yzerman is for certain a legend and definitely fitting of being at the top of this list.

Salming broke down borders and paved the way for players like Forsberg to make an impact in the NHL, that is aside from the fact he was a great defenseman.

Sure for whatever legal reasons there are some more fitting of being there than Chelios and Roenick but it is what it is.
Agreed, you can't ignore though that Lemieux played for 5 years with zero supporting talent on his team and gave Gretzky a run for his money on records. Also Lemieux put up 60+ goal seasons at the beginning of the dead puck era, nothing to sneeze at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I think that Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe, Bourque and Roy were obvious choices, they had to be there. However, like many others already said, Yzerman, Chelios, Salming and especially Roenick were good players, but I don't consider them as "legends". There may be unknown reasons to explain why others like Orr, Coffey, Lafleur and Richard are not in there, but I certainly wish they would. A complete team of legends would have been nice too, not only 9 of them.
I don't think Roy need to be there. There were better tenders imo, Cheevers, Dryden, Sawchuk just as a few examples.

Roenick never won a cup, Orr won 2, set scoring records as a defenseman and could outskate just about anyone of his era. Heck I'd even put Hull above JR by a landslide.
Some of these legend choices to me are flat out head scratchers.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I can only assume the selection process was heavily dictated by licensing issues. Some players -- or whoever controls their estates for the old-timers -- may have simply declined or demanded compensation beyond what EA was willing to pay. Looking at it as some sort of statement on who is better than whom is rather pointless.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

If you don't know they call the Gordie Howe hat trick. Scoring a goal an assist and winning a fight all possible in NHL 12 by EA sports my question is can you get an Achievement for this hint hint EA Sports. I think this Gordie character is serious about his Hockey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intimidating.jpg (65.2 KB, 71 views)
Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #15
Banned

JOHN 3:16's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiev
You would be hard pressed to name a better two way player in history then Steve Yzerman. This was a player who could have put up gawdy numbers for his whole career but he chose to alter his game and became one of the games most dominant two way players in history. Gretzky and Lemieux didn't even know they had a goalie. Rumour has it that one time Gretzky asked Grant Fuhr why he was in the dressing room if he didn't play in the games.

Yzerman is for certain a legend and definitely fitting of being at the top of this list.

Salming broke down borders and paved the way for players like Forsberg to make an impact in the NHL, that is aside from the fact he was a great defenseman.

Sure for whatever legal reasons there are some more fitting of being there than Chelios and Roenick but it is what it is.
Your right about Lemieux didn't know he had a goalie in regular season. But in the playoffs he played both ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 12 Video - 2 More Legends, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe

Some of these picks are surely for the casual fan. If you start putting in a bunch of real "legends," the casual fan won't bite on what very little hype this is creating.. Will be cool in HUT, but otherwise I personally feel like whatever time they spent on this was a huge waste...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »