Home

NHL 12 Video - Steven Stamkos Takes on Jeremy Roenick

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Steven Stamkos Takes on Jeremy Roenick within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NHL 12 Video - Steven Stamkos Takes on Jeremy Roenick

The Canadian Press has posted this NHL 12 video, showcasing a few glimpses of the game in action. The video was taken during an NHL 12 promo with Steven Stamkos and Jeremy Roenick.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I ACTUALLY FOUND A VIDEO WITH SOME GAMEPLAY!!!!!

It's not easy to see many things since the gameplay clips are short, but I have to say I found the "Legends" logo to be real nice at center-ice. The new Lightning jersey looks pretty nice too.

I'll have to wait for the demo, but the feel I have from the action I saw in that clip was that I wouldn't have been able to say if it's NHL 11 or NHL 12 if I didn't know before seeing it.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
It's not easy to see many things since the gameplay clips are short, but I have to say I found the "Legends" logo to be real nice at center-ice. The new Lightning jersey looks pretty nice too.

I'll have to wait for the demo, but the feel I have from the action I saw in that clip was that I wouldn't have been able to say if it's NHL 11 or NHL 12 if I didn't know before seeing it.
Well, to be fair, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell the difference between 2 consecutive years of a sports game. Especially when what you have to judge from is about 30 seconds of a camera filming a TV that the game is being played on.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Quote:
Same here unfortunately. Granted, there was only about 15 seconds of decent footage there.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Well, to be fair, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell the difference between 2 consecutive years of a sports game. Especially when what you have to judge from is about 30 seconds of a camera filming a TV that the game is being played on.
Wrong gopher. I could do it with Madden 11 and 12, the changes are just obvious. Same with MLB 2K10 and MLB 2K11.

By the way, it's not a critic against EA. The way the game shows isn't a problem for me, I like the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That aspect of the NHL game is fine for me, there's other area to work on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Quote:
Wrong gopher. I could do it with Madden 11 and 12, the changes are just obvious. Same with MLB 2K10 and MLB 2K11.

By the way, it's not a critic against EA. The way the game shows isn't a problem for me, I like the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That aspect of the NHL game is fine for me, there's other area to work on.
Agreed. Even though there are seemingly millions of haters, one could probably tell the difference between each Madden of this generation.

Thankfully, even though there are a bunch of things that bug me about this series, it's built on a much better foundation. At this point we can only hope that the game does indeed FEEL different when you're playing - something that maybe can't be seen just by watching, and that's the reason they're not showing any clips.

To be honest my faith in that is waning at this point, but hopefully we'll all be surprised.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

Quote:

But in a different year, 10 to 11, the changes aren't as obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqJrdp8MqUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr7oGDGsVT8

Haven't learned how to embed yet.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Easy way for me to tell was watching the skating animations in one of the short gameplay sequences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »