Home

EA Sports MVP Baseball Series to Make a Return?

This is a discussion on EA Sports MVP Baseball Series to Make a Return? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports MVP Baseball Series to Make a Return?

Could EA Sports bring back the MVP Baseball series?

James Brightman, of Industry Gamers, recently interviewed Peter Moore and it sure sounds interesting. What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Speaking to IndustryGamers (as the head of EA Sports before being promoted to EA COO), Peter Moore informed us that the "majority" of the team that worked on the MVP Baseball series are still employed at EA Sports. "There’s enough people at Sports who would say 'I’m in.' And we’ve got enough quality talent that’s been around a long time. You would start from scratch because this would be something where you’d have to build the engine again because it’s been a few years," he said.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
And so it shall be..........hopefully.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 14
Oh great, all we need is an exclusive MLB+EA deal. SCEA hasn't just made the best baseball title out there but arguably the best sports title, period. If that was killed by another exclusive licensing deal.... *shakes head*.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
^ Jumping to conclusions are we? I'm pretty sure at best EA would get a 3rd party license like 2K did. Though, I don't even think they would go that far honestly. Just because they did it with the NFL doesn't automatically mean they will do it for everything, in fact its been pretty much the opposite.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
As much as people like to dump on EA (some of it deservingly, most of it not), being a Xbox only owner, I would love to see anyone other than 2K get their hands on a MLB title available for Xbox. While 2K11 isn't horrific, the best I can say for it is just that - it isn't horrific.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
I hope MVP comes back, it was the best arcade baseball game ever made. And easily the funnest when played with friends. But it would only feel like MVP if they kept the cartoony graphics and such.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Baseball video games have dropped dramatically the last two years on the 360 and PS3. Are people losing interest in baseball? Are people tired of the current products out there. EA's MVP series was #1 when it left and I'm sure people would give a fresh title a try but the game sales for baseball have been bad the last couple of years. NHL 11 sold over 1 million copies between the 360 and PS3. I'm not sure the Show and MLB 2K will be able to say that this year.

Just looking at 10 week sales figures from VG Chartz, MLB 2K9 sold 335,000 on the 360 and 2K11 did only 155,000. Show 09 on PS3 did 378,000 in its first 10 weeks while Show 11 only did 260,000 (note MLB 2K11 on PS3 has only done 90,000 to date!) And this is despite more hardware being out on the market. Not a good trend.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports MVP Baseball Series to Make a Return?

People can argue the merits of the realism of various video games but no game ever has even come close to MVP in terms of fun factor and addictiveness. To me, The Show has always been a snoozefest by comparison.

Hopefully this series returns.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »