Home

The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12

This is a discussion on The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
"2K didn't have enough money to give me. Now, I MAY be wrong, but I doubt it. Stay outta my business, knucklehead!"
Lol...you a fool..that ish had me rollin
Old 08-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Curious Case of Charles Barkley, and NBA 2K12

This article pretty much summed up my exact thoughts on the matter. I can explain away every other classic squad being offered this year, but no Barkley makes the inclusion of the '85 Sixers kind of mysterious. As they said, if no Barkley, then why not use the '83 championship team instead? And I agree with you guys, it would be nice to hear Barkley's take on this matter firsthand.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
This article pretty much summed up my exact thoughts on the matter. I can explain away every other classic squad being offered this year, but no Barkley makes the inclusion of the '85 Sixers kind of mysterious. As they said, if no Barkley, then why not use the '83 championship team instead? And I agree with you guys, it would be nice to hear Barkley's take on this matter firsthand.
agreed...its very suspicious...brb gonna put on my conspiracy hat

what if Barkley told 2k that they can have him under one condition and that condition is that he should be put in as a rookie...

why didn't 2k release the trailer about the legends today? could it be that a certain player will show up in the end of that trailer?

lol fun...in reality though he's not in...i hope the CAP system got an upgrade so i can just add the round mound of rebound in the game
Old 08-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
I really don't think Chuck cares what a bunch of videogame fans on a message boars think honestly.

It's just a videogame.

I know he let us down but still its not going to affect his current cash flow

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2011, 02:03 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Agreed. I feel the same way about the article. Those team selections are curious and other team ommisions are also curious...ie: 97-98 Lakers sans Van Exel when any of the 2000-03 Lakers championship teams could have been included instead, not lacking for any / lacking for less significant players.

Last edited by eko718; 08-20-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 02:36 AM   #22
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15
1993 Bulls vs Suns, Jordan vs Barkley in a video game can't happen. It's all about the ego that is Charles Barkley. So turrible.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:45 AM   #23
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I know he let us down but still its not going to affect his current cash flow
Lol, it is though. Dude could've got paid to be in a video game. In other words he would've been 250K, 500K, or whatever 2K was willing to pay him, richer. He'd be doing exactly what he's doing at this very moment, whether it's sitting on his ***, gambling, eating, or sleeping.

I don't know the details but I don't understand why you turn this down. You gain nothing from withholding your likeness from the game except for disdain from your fans (well, at least the fans who know the player is at fault and not the developer). Even if you don't play the game you're getting paid to so absolutely nothing, lol. The game is not centered around him so he wouldn't be asked to do any major marketing, his life would be excactly the same.

Seriously, what is the worst that can happen? Your cyberface isn't perfect? Your ratings aren't what you want them to be? You get dunked on by a digital 8 ft dude covered in accessories? You get your ankles broken by Mbah a Moute? You get put in a mix on Youtube?

Come on Chuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 08-20-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:00 AM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Why are people demanding an explanation for this from 2k

Last edited by 23; 08-20-2011 at 03:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »