Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (SLAM)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (SLAM) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: SLAM Magazine Preview NBA 2k12

If you win, both the team you played with and the team you beat become unlocked for standard Quick Play mode. (You can only play as the legends’ teams in NBA’s Greatest mode, though.) Meaning, once you beat the 1965 Lakers with the 1965 Celtics, you can play as or against either of those two in Quick Play mode, and may pit them against any regular team from 2011.

Does this mean we can longer take the classic teams into association mode through customizing conferences? Will the classic team rosters be editable once unlocked so we can add guys lie Barkley to the 84-85 Sixers? Please don't let this be the case. It would be a huge disappointment.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here is another preview from another source that was very pleasing to read also.

http://dimemag.com/2011/08/dimes-def...k12-preview/1/
Old 08-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
If you win, both the team you played with and the team you beat become unlocked for standard Quick Play mode. (You can only play as the legends’ teams in NBA’s Greatest mode, though.) Meaning, once you beat the 1965 Lakers with the 1965 Celtics, you can play as or against either of those two in Quick Play mode, and may pit them against any regular team from 2011.

Does this mean we can longer take the classic teams into association mode through customizing conferences? Will the classic team rosters be editable once unlocked so we can add guys lie Barkley to the 84-85 Sixers? Please don't let this be the case. It would be a huge disappointment.
I don't think that is what that means. Unless something changed that I don't know about (entirely possible) the teams should be just as editable as last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't think that is what that means. Unless something changed that I don't know about (entirely possible) the teams should be just as editable as last year.
Yeah, I don't see them taking a step back.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Yeah, I don't see them taking a step back.
I don't either, I think I got a little worried about it as my initial reaction. I spent half the day arguing with Apple customer service on the phone, then I read the article. My first reaction came from an already angry mind, "great and now I can't play 2k12 the way I want" but yeah I can't really see them taking that ability away from us as it has to be part of the reason 2k11 sold 5 million+ copies.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Does this mean we can longer take the classic teams into association mode
I would be very disappointed if this was the case... can't see why they would take a step back after last year though.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
I don't either, I think I got a little worried about it as my initial reaction. I spent half the day arguing with Apple customer service on the phone, then I read the article. My first reaction came from an already angry mind, "great and now I can't play 2k12 the way I want" but yeah I can't really see them taking that ability away from us as it has to be part of the reason 2k11 sold 5 million+ copies.
Yeah as I think about it I am more sure he might have been mistaken. I even got them to allow us to use the classic teams in the playoff mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #16
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Yeah as I think about it I am more sure he might have been mistaken. I even got them to allow us to use the classic teams in the playoff mode.
seriously................. wow great job

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »