Home

EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #17
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA Sports’ Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day

Here's the funny part: This whole Season Ticket scheme could end up costing EA money because many people who ordinarily would have bought it are reconsidering after trying it out and they're convincing others to do likewise.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

I'm sure EA comes out ahead. It's all gravy because the game was already done and all they had to do was upload it to xbox live and psn. Almost 5,000 people on. That's at least an extra $125,000 in EA's pocket. Heck, they just paid one of their developer's salaries for the year with this promo. Also, I'm sure it will get busier tomorrow with the weekend starting and people not having class or work.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:17 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Once this game is downloaded to your hard disk via Season Ticket do you have to be connected to Xbox Live to play it? I ask because I'm moving my Xbox 360 to my other apartment on Sunday and I'd like to play Madden but I won't have any internet there.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-27-2011, 02:21 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Once this game is downloaded to your hard disk via Season Ticket do you have to be connected to Xbox Live to play it? I ask because I'm moving my Xbox 360 to my other apartment on Sunday and I'd like to play Madden but I won't have any internet there.

I do not believe you have to be connected once you have d/l everything. I think the only thing about not being connected is that none of your stuff will carry over once you purchase the retail version.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:34 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
I do not believe you have to be connected once you have d/l everything. I think the only thing about not being connected is that none of your stuff will carry over once you purchase the retail version.
Ok, cool, i'm going to try it in the morning just to make sure.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
On the ps3I have to be connected to get past the loading screen. If not it tells me that in order to access the early release I must be signed in.I would imagine it is the same for XBOX.

As for the low numbers, I have not seen that much marketing for Season Ticket. I think that is the main reason for the low numbers so far.

And people are mistaken if they think Madden is EA's golden egg; that title if reserved for FIFA and I suspect that the numbers will be much larger for that game
Old 08-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
On the ps3I have to be connected to get past the loading screen. If not it tells me that in order to access the early release I must be signed in.I would imagine it is the same for XBOX.

As for the low numbers, I have not seen that much marketing for Season Ticket. I think that is the main reason for the low numbers so far.

And people are mistaken if they think Madden is EA's golden egg; that title if reserved for FIFA and I suspect that the numbers will be much larger for that game
Seconded on the bold - I can't get in without the online connection either. It stops you at the title screen (also on PS3).
Old 08-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
This another EA screwjob! Like an idiot I paid the $25 and even though I have a great internet connection the game has been downloading for almost 4 hours and is only 23% done. At this rate I might get to play 2-3 games before monday. By comparison Red Dead Redemption downloaded in roughly 40 mins on my connection. How many times does EA get to screw me over before I wise up??? GOD I pray they lose their exclusive rights someday.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »