Home

OS Radio: Madden NFL 12 Review Edition Tonight @ 8:30 EST!

This is a discussion on OS Radio: Madden NFL 12 Review Edition Tonight @ 8:30 EST! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: OS Radio: Madden NFL 12 Review Edition Tonight @ 8:30 EST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUsideline
Lets face it. This is the same game as last year with a roster update.
I haven't played my retail game, yet. Seems like you have.

You mean like DPP, franchise mode and zone defense tightening up were from last year.

Might need to take the game back if it's only a roster update.

Anyway, Madden has always had sliders to get the game you want. There hasn't been a game of Madden or for that matter, any sports game that I haven't adjusted sliders after opening the box.

A good balanced show.

Franchise mode alone should alone keep me engrossed for a long time. I think I will get used to the clunky interface.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I liked how the second caller pointed out that this Madden game, while the best of the next generation systems, is being reviewed on a average a point, to a point and half lower than Madden 10 and 11. While this game is has a ton of flaws, no way is Madden 10 or 11 even close to being half as good as this game.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #19
Rookie

ASUsideline's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
yikes! ... don't think I would go that far. Gameplay wise it makes it's biggest jump since 05'. reduction of suction and improved tackling makes this a much better title.
If you listen to the show most guys are saying the game is the same as last year.

Last edited by ASUsideline; 08-29-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #20
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
If you listen to the show must guys are saying the game is the same as last year.
And I've read all the impressions on the stickies, and it sounds great. Plus I thought the demo itself was a lot better then Madden '11. You don't have to worry about me, all the franchise changes alone warrant my $45 (got a few discounts).

In the end, I could give 2 rats asses what everyone else thinks. I know I will be putting tons of hours into this years Madden.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
If you listen to the show must guys are saying the game is the same as last year.
I listened too and they all said it's a good game, just not a sim game, yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Good show guys. I hope you make these more of a regular thing.

Great point about the suits vs. the developers. Devs get a bad rap far too much, it is unwarranted for the most part.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I listened too and they all said it's a good game, just not a sim game, yet.
I didn't get to listen to the whole show but one caller summed it up perfectly. I don't think EA is trying to create a game that's hardcore sim because a majority of the people that buy Madden are casual and have probably never even been to OperationSports. With that said, and like how others have said, there are always sliders that can make this game play as sim as possible. But for me, and I will keep saying this over and over, out of the box before any patches, this game is the most enjoyable Madden I've played since 08.

I don't agree how during the show they kept saying if you liked 11, you will love 12. I absolutely hated 11 because of the suction tackling and the poor running game especially compared to NCAA. The more I played 11, the more I hated it to the point I just stopped playing. With 12, the more I play, the more I am enjoying it with the improved running/blocking, graphics/lighting, etc.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Apocalypse
I didn't get to listen to the whole show but one caller summed it up perfectly. I don't think EA is trying to create a game that's hardcore sim because a majority of the people that buy Madden are casual and have probably never even been to OperationSports. With that said, and like how others have said, there are always sliders that can make this game play as sim as possible. But for me, and I will keep saying this over and over, out of the box before any patches, this game is the most enjoyable Madden I've played since 08.

I don't agree how during the show they kept saying if you liked 11, you will love 12. I absolutely hated 11 because of the suction tackling and the poor running game especially compared to NCAA. The more I played 11, the more I hated it to the point I just stopped playing. With 12, the more I play, the more I am enjoying it with the improved running/blocking, graphics/lighting, etc.
I think you summed it up pretty much like I have.

I didn't like 11 very much either. One guy said he played 10 for 4 weeks, 11 for 2.5 weeks and sees more playing time with 12.

I see the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »