Home

It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore

This is a discussion on It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore

IndustryGamers recently chatted with EA's Peter Moore (formerly EA Sports label president) about the challenge ahead for EA Sports basketball games.

Quote:
We’re focused on building a great game for next year. The team has got the time to be able to look at everything that we need to do to make sure that we bring quality back up and be competitive. So we can go over the whole story again from last year - it was unfortunate, but we’re a brand and a company and a label that is very focused on building quality and we’re not just going to walk away from it; we’ve got a very, very talented team that’s already got stuff up and running even though it won't ship this year, it'll go next year. So we’ll be back.

It’ll take a while to get back, yeah. It’ll take us a few years maybe, but if that’s what it takes, that's what it'll be. We’re in our 20th year as a label... We’re not a short term player. It’s not going to happen overnight, but we’ll sit here 3, 4 years from now and hopefully we’ll be talking about what a great battle NBA 14 or 15 is versus their 14 or 15," he concluded.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
With it being sooo long between titles there's no reason this game shouldn't be leaps and bounds beyond live 10 and elite. It's a shame how so much goes into the NHL FIFA and MLB games and the NBA game seemed to become more watered down year after year. For example, the superstar abilities could've worked had they continued to build on the concept and not scrap the whole idea. The all star weekend was removed, wtf, made no sense to get rid of that they should've atleast kept it in the dynasty mode.

I hope they look into the message boards and see some of the things we want in the game and get it in there. Live 10 had a great atmosphere for each arena and if they add the ability to have stadium sounds it would blow 2ks atmosphere out of the water.
Give us the ability to use the camera for our caps like in fight night. Keep the wide variety of shoes, give the players new models that differentiate the size of say Dwight and javale McGee. Give us a halftime show, I know for a fact that the consoles are more powerful nowadays and we had a great show w/ chris berman in espn NFL 2k5. We could easily get a 0:45-1:00 Kennys pictures. Give us some eye candy, (madden 12 looks fantastic I'm seeing scrapes on the helmets) can we get Kenny and Ernie on commentary, hell get Shaq too if Charles doesn't want to be a part of the game. I have more ideas but I'm rambling and this isn't even a wishlist board
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West

Last edited by Alfro0925; 08-30-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again

All-Star Weekend feature was removed because the current version they had was stale and had some bugs in it. There was plans to bring it back not long after Live 10 but revamped and improved.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

EA should release a demo of this "work in progress" I'd love to try it out. Maybe even package a code or something with the new NBA Jam and let people who buy it beta test what they have so far with the new NBA Sim ????

Hey, it would be worth a shot.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Could? Could?!?!?!?!??!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Let's face facts.
The reason EA is on top of the sports heap is because they have more money than anyone else and can throw truck-loads of resources on their sports game.
But the minute another company comes in and equals their efforts, they lose.

There are STILL people playing NFL2K.
I still own NHL2K10 and NHL2K3 is the greatest hockey game ever made.
EA had to toss tonnes of cash on their Triple Play series (turning it into MVP) in order to compete with other games.
FIFA was getting killed by WE until they finally kicked in a few more $$$ and buy the rights to the majority of the real leagues and players.

Unless 2K rests on their laurels, I don't see EA getting ahead for quite a while. Take-Two seems determined to be the big dog on the court.
EA's name alone will help, but they better come with something ultra special to take down Goliath. Skill-stick dribbling ain't gonna cut it.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Maybe they will understand supply and demand....we are demanding a secondary title and they aren't supplying us with one.

Eventually that demand will fade and the world will be pro-2k...Meaning expectations are even going to be higher. And if their title even has the slightest glitch, EA will pay for it dearly with backlash.

Making us wait another year is just plain stupid and bad for business, now they speak of a 14 and 15 title...Just completely forgot about 12,13! So basically they are saying the heck with PS3 and 360, we'll focus on Next Consoles.

I appreciate it, but no thanks! Release 12,13 on PC and let us mod it, we'll get your game to 2k standards on our own.

You took NCAA Basketball from us, and now pulling the NBA from us too, and making up more excuses about time. Not interested! They will kill their fan base before they release another game.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

im sorry, but LIVE is finished!! it hurts me to say this, but its true. they're better off focusing on the other titles...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »