Home

It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore

This is a discussion on It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Let's face facts.
The reason EA is on top of the sports heap is because they have more money than anyone else and can throw truck-loads of resources on their sports game.
But the minute another company comes in and equals their efforts, they lose.

There are STILL people playing NFL2K.
I still own NHL2K10 and NHL2K3 is the greatest hockey game ever made.
EA had to toss tonnes of cash on their Triple Play series (turning it into MVP) in order to compete with other games.
FIFA was getting killed by WE until they finally kicked in a few more $$$ and buy the rights to the majority of the real leagues and players.

Unless 2K rests on their laurels, I don't see EA getting ahead for quite a while. Take-Two seems determined to be the big dog on the court.
EA's name alone will help, but they better come with something ultra special to take down Goliath. Skill-stick dribbling ain't gonna cut it.
It gets said so often, but the NBA Elite dilemma is absolute proof that competition can be so beneficial in the world of sports gaming. NBA Elite was a wake up call because of the competition. Without the competition NBA Elite still gets released, and even if the game bombs, the consequences aren't so harsh. In fact, NBA Elite never is because without competition, there's no reason to change the name from Live to Elite. But you include the competition (NBA 2K) and you have EA pulling the plug on Elite because across the way another game will expose their effort. So badly that they are willing to take millions in hits.

But for all those crying foul when EA buys up a license with the intention to own the market, this is the crier's redemption. No exclusives, just develop a basketball video game. And all you have to do is take a look at Live/Elite and you sit back and think, "They couldn't do it." The competition beat them.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
No disrespect but there will probably never really be competition again. You quit, and that is going to be held over your head. You have to be better than 2K basically out the box whenever you come back or people are gonna say we waited this long for this? I think they should try to focus on MVP baseball and bringing it back, maybe do a college basketball game since 2K left the market. Direct competition with 2K basketball is not good for EA and I would not doubt that the case would be the same if they did not get the exclusive in football. Just look MLB 2K baseball it is okay but I think someone else could do better, exclusives are not the answer for the fans and direct competition in basketball video games is not what EA wants with 2K, but it is good that EA is kinda facing reality, somewhat.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
what i think alot of dont realize is that u cant build a game that can compete with 2k11 in 2-3 years it takes 10 years with alot of trial and error to get the right mixture when creating such a great game ...theres still peices from the original 2k that i notice in 2k11 ...EA has a tough challenge ahead of them and maybe they wont be aable to compete untill nextgen consoles are out...and to be honest it wouldnt be fair to ask them to be as good as 2k with an entire revamp of their game..only way they can compete out of the box is by completely ripping 2k off... i'll look forward to playing their game in about 5 years
Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4
We should have some type of game by now I'd be happy if they ported live 10 to the pc this year
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
I guess I'm the only one not happy with the current 2k basketball games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 02:01 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19
I would love to see what a 2k College Basketball would look like.

Interesting Moore doesn't mention anything about a College Basketball seeing as they have the Exclusive.

Why not build a College game were you don't have competition and build up your fan base that you lost and are losing from your Football side.

What's so funny about Moore and individuals like him, is that they try and word things as the folks can't read in-between the lines.

In all he said, he basically is trying to cover up their hussle on gamers.

We won't be able to compete with 2k for a couple of years (next console system release), but we will release a game next year at the same $60 price tag nowing it's will not be at the same level as 2k.

What a hussle!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:23 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smh EA. I have been playing your basketball games since Lakers vs Celtics. You basically owned the market until 2k showed up. No more excuse Im tired of waiting for the next best EA bball game. You ruined NBA Street and Live. Elite failed before release Live 10 was your best effort. Even then you had the competitions best man. As soon as he left you dropped the ball. I'll wait till 13-14 to try again. It'll take alot more than copying the competition this time around.

Last edited by Last_Chapter; 08-31-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #24
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: It Could Take a Few Years to Compete with NBA 2K Again, Says Peter Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I would love to see what a 2k College Basketball would look like.

Interesting Moore doesn't mention anything about a College Basketball seeing as they have the Exclusive.

Why not build a College game were you don't have competition and build up your fan base that you lost and are losing from your Football side.

What's so funny about Moore and individuals like him, is that they try and word things as the folks can't read in-between the lines.

In all he said, he basically is trying to cover up their hussle on gamers.

We won't be able to compete with 2k for a couple of years (next console system release), but we will release a game next year at the same $60 price tag nowing it's will not be at the same level as 2k.

What a hussle!!!
This continues to be the most tired-some comment of all time. So tired of the false accusations of an exclusive license. There is no College basketball exclusive. 2k quit on their free will and decided not to renew their contract with the NCAA. If they want to make a College BB game tomorrow they could, no one is stopping them. So enough of these pro 2k post and trying to mention that crap all the time, take it to the College Hoops thread.

2ndly While everyone is taking shots at P. Moore calling him all kinds of rude things to sports titles. I guess you all forget he was the key to the beginning of the 2ksports games and their growth from Dreamcast to the Xbox.

So he does great things for sports, because he's a true sports fan and sports gamer. He hasn't really had but 1 year with with EA going on 2 and not much he has been able to do. But since he's been there he's done a lot of shifting the employees, etc.

Madden and NCAA FB, turned out great this year. Hockey looks to be great, there is no doubt since he's placed himself in the sports division that in the future this game will be decent to good...

Problem of this whole thing is, how much longer we as sports fans, have to wait to have two nba basketball titles again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »