Home

Activision Announces NASCAR Unleashed, Screenshots and Box Art Included

This is a discussion on Activision Announces NASCAR Unleashed, Screenshots and Box Art Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Activision Announces NASCAR Unleashed, Screenshots and Box Art Included

Check out all the NASCAR Unleashed screenshots, right here.

ACTIVISION GOES FULL THROTTLE WITH NASCAR® UNLEASHED™

Arcade Racers Barrel off the Track and onto the Open Road in an All-New Driving Adventure

Santa Monica, CA – September 1, 2011 — Hot on the (w)heels of NASCAR The Game™ 2011, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today NASCAR® Unleashed, the newest entry in the NASCAR branded racing series that delivers the fastest and most exciting gameplay yet. Available this fall for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ from Nintendo and the Nintendo 3DS™, NASCAR Unleashed will allow players to take their racer “to the streets” by driving on AND off some of NASCAR’s most famous tracks in this stylistically souped-up arcade racing competition.

After picking a turbo-charged race machine from 15 of NASCAR’s biggest names, including NASCAR Sprint Cup series drivers Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt, Jr, Jeff Gordon, and Joey Logano, players are transported into a fast-paced, special effect laden, thrill ride. In game NASCAR tracks include: Daytona International Speedway®, Chicagoland Speedway®, Homestead-Miami SpeedwaySM, Martinsville Speedway® and Talladega Superspeedway®. Best of all, racers can break free from the oval as they explode onto the pavements, beaches and off-roads of the surrounding cities. For NASCAR fanatics and those new to the sport, the thrill is in discovering the joys of a completely unchained stock car experience. See the sights, feel the salty ocean breeze and blast past the lofty skyscrapers.

"NASCAR has been tremendous in that they've given us the flexibility to design different kinds of racing games for their vast audience," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President of Activision Publishing. "We really wanted to make something electrifying for all NASCAR fans, not just the hardcore. NASCAR Unleashed gives players a new style of speed and excitement, without sacrificing accessibility.”

NASCAR Unleashed was made possible through an agreement between Activision and NASCAR Team Properties, which was formed in 2010 and is an industry-managed organization representing the sanctioning body and nearly all NASCAR teams for the sport’s licensed merchandise business. In June of 2011, NASCAR Team Properties was recognized as “Best Sports Program of the Year” by the International Licensing Industry and Merchandisers' Association, edging out some of the biggest brands in all of sports.

“NASCAR Unleashed is a wild and imaginative experience with few real world boundaries,” said Blake Davidson, vice president of licensing & consumer products at NASCAR and board member of NASCAR Team Properties. “By integrating NASCAR into a high octane, blindingly fast, home racing experience, we can deliver an entirely unique style of racing that will captivate players and help introduce our sport to new fans.”

The gameplay has no limits and lax physics rules, as the key is bumping and grinding opponents out of the lead to seize the top spot. Mastering popular NASCAR techniques like drafting and sling-shotting earn drivers ‘Boost’ power-ups to pull out in front and pass the checkered flag first. Throughout, an easy to read, arcade style Heads-Up-Display will inform gearheads of their race position, current speed, achievements and unlocks. Slick audio and visuals keep the game a pick up and play affair that is perfectly suited for young gamers. The end result is a breathtaking, arcade racer experience like no other.

NASCAR Unleashed will be available this holiday season on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system, Wii and the Nintendo 3DS. The game is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information, please visit http://www.Activision.com.

Platform: 3DS / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NASCAR Unleashed

Thanks for posting this Bob, I wish I was as up to date with NASCAR games as you. I'll be checking this out and will probably be getting it for my kids for their DS's.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Lol.....no problem Thomas. I am hoping this game is at least similar to NASCAR Rumble. I remember having a blast with game.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NASCAR Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I am hoping this game is at least similar to NASCAR Rumble. I remember having a blast with game.
That was my first thought when I started reading the article too. Looks interesting.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »