Home

Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

This is a discussion on Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

Considering how vocal posters have been here, I'd say anyone still waiting around for the patch who is still holding out hope are in a very small minority, unfortunately. It's a shame that most of the people are currently making up that 15% gain in bad/poor.

Personally, I would like to see an honest comparison as to who voted good/great at release, compared to what they voted in the past two days.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 28
It is a slanted poll. Everyone knows the game's issues and that a patch is due out soon. I would say the responses reflect disappointment in the lack of timeliness of the patch rather than the game itself.

Put out this same poll post patch.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Might not have been such a dramatic drop off if EA released Patch #2 in a timely manner...

I'd be curious to see if there's an uptick after it HAS been released and "lived with" for a bit...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
It also has a lot to do with people overrating it when it was first released. 2,700+ people, over 50%, said the game was GREAT when it was released. Lets be honest, the game was not GREAT then and its not GREAT now. At best it was good then and its good now. But people were antipating this game and were so excited for it so they get the game, maybe play 1 or 2 games and are still on that excitement high and come on here and say the game is amazing.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I think the really significant thing here is the much smaller total number of votes in the second poll. How much of that is due to people waiting for the patch vs just giving up and moving on to other games?
Yep. And those who stuck around movd down to the "average" and "poor' options

Whe nthe patch drops, it'll be more of the same. In the first few hours, people will be on here proclaiming the patch to be an entirely new game experience and how this is now the best footballl game ever. But after a few days, that'll die down and the truth will come out.

Dont get me wrong, I hope this patch is all that I just described....but I'm just not getting my hopes up based on EA track record
Old 09-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4
The current situation should be very worrisome for the EA Sports division. The economy is helping both NCAA and Madden right now, not hurting them. There isn't a big appetite for risk on the investment side right now which is a real shame. The football game genre is ripe for plundering and TBH, I'm a bit suprised (considering in a recessed economy pretty much everything costs less vs. a boom) that someone isn't stepping up...a la what happened in basketball, hockey before it and soccer twice before that.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
This entire generation of football has been a critical failure for EA. That hasn't worried them from releasing below par games before. Why should they worry about it now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8

Expected. I have learned that after the initial excitement and playing for awhile you start to see some of those annoying issues (LB super jump, Psychic Dbs, endless tinkering w/sliders) that make the game difficult to play at times. After playing almost non-stop for two weeks I've decided to put the game down and wait for the patch. What's really annoying is to read the reviews that come out right away and there is no mention of these issues. That leads me to believe they have been addressed. Guess not. I still have love NCAA Football but with so many other forms of entertainment (including other video games) I don't want to spend time before every game adjusting all of the LBs that I play jumping ability or the DBs coverage. I simply don't have the time anymore to make these edits when I'm already pressed for the time to play one game.
Michigan Wolverines (11 National Championships)
New York Rangers (4 Stanley Cups)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »