Home

Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community

This is a discussion on Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community

Da_Czar checks in with a report for Sim Nation. Check out his most recent article, discussing how he helped the NBA 2K12 team with an assist from the OS community.

Quote:
Before I left for 2K I combed through OS and 2K's forums and read, started or inquired into already established threads about what the Nation was interested in. It was fun as well as challenging to solicit feedback from those who had no idea they might end up contributing directly to the making of NBA 2K12.

Some leaped at the chance unknowingly, to their own benefit. While others, amazingly, passed on the opportunity like Rondo does open jumpers at crunch time.

While I can’t and won’t say what all has been added or adjusted to the game as a direct result of your input and analysis. I will say this. Practically everything I had on my list was either already worked on, fixed on the spot, or improved upon as much as was possible at that stage in the development cycle.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community

This is what OS is all about. Great day for this site.

Quote:
It was an amazing experience to witness the translation of community feedback into tangible improvements in the game. To say 2k does not care or listen to its fans is not only a fallacy. It's almost offensive.
Quote:
We all know that we are a passionate but admittedly niche community. What does it say then about 2k that in a year with no competition thy would pull out all the stops and give our community, THE Sim Nation a seat at the table ?

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 09-02-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community

Incredible! Great job Czar! Kudos also to OS!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13
Great read. So glad they gave Czar the chance to speak for us. From what I saw, Czar has really helped the game. 2k was really smart to get him in there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ken Griffey Jr.

Last edited by jr2424; 09-02-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Cant stop smiling lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

I love you.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

A lot can be learned by tapping into the fan base to get feedback if your willing to listen. A lesson that can be learned by some of those Extremely Arrogant companies out there. And this is after 2K was coming off of a critically acclaimed game from last year. Thanks Czar for speaking for the community who sometimes feel like we have no voice when some of these companies act like they could careless about the feelings of their consumers.

Last edited by iLLmatic; 09-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

HAH! So that's how you were able to pitch the idea to have Kevin Johnson as a legend so we can have the 93 Suns ingame

Great read! I look forward to more insights!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »