Home

Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community

This is a discussion on Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
Supporter

OVR: 22
Re: Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community

Whoa, hold up... Czar retired from O.S? That's news to me (unfortunate news). I haven't even checked out the latest insight as of yet, but I will say that it's nice to get an idea of 2K's mentality when it comes to developing this game. It just confirms what I had suspected all along & that is that they give 'balls to the wall' effort with each iteration and development cycle; I mean a game simply doesn't look this way overnight (NBA 2K12). There's always going to be problems and annoyances that arises sooner or later as I play an NBA 2K game, but now with a lot good faith, I now know the problems aren't in the game simply from a lack of effort or from a long term plan that doesn't have any impact on the game that I'm currently playing at the moment.

Man that was a good read, and there's no other guy that I would've rather have had at the table for being the ears, eyes, and the mouthpiece of this community (sim). The name really says it all, but Czar is quite simply THAT dude.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Da_Czar Lends a Hand to the NBA 2K12 Team, With an Assist From The OS Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X
what happened to this idea by Da_Czar? was it almost close to being realized?
nah..they wouldn't go for it...he even tried to pitch Tom Chambers as a legend lol
Old 09-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
In what world does this game not contain physics? They have some of the best ball and player physics around.

If you're hoping for real time physics like the Euphoria engine, you're going to need to wait until at least the next generation of consoles.
i always here people talking that 2k needs this euphoria physics engine to make their game better which i do not agree...anything is possible so maybe it can make the physics better but i would hate for 2k to spend a year using that engine and destroy the game in the process...

i know nothing about the developing process of a game from year to year...so my question for any one to answer is. is it even possible for 2k to develope a new title on a whole new engine in a year time without comprimising any aspect that already make it a great game?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagDoc101
i always here people talking that 2k needs this euphoria physics engine to make their game better which i do not agree...anything is possible so maybe it can make the physics better but i would hate for 2k to spend a year using that engine and destroy the game in the process...

i know nothing about the developing process of a game from year to year...so my question for any one to answer is. is it even possible for 2k to develope a new title on a whole new engine in a year time without comprimising any aspect that already make it a great game?
I believe this should answer your question:

Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Big BIG props for Czar and 2Ksports. That was a great read.

Pray 24 times each day.

George bless everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #22
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

This is fantastic, fantastic news. You got the opportunity i used to dream about.
It wasn't a selfish dream. I just knew about ways to improve the game so it could become more of a simulation.
It now has become a reality because the community is helping shape the game and one of us(Da Czar) was recruited into the board of directors. lol
Much props to 2k for believing in the Sim community and having the same vision, and also for caring about the fans.

Props to you Da Czar for your knowledge and dedication to Sim basketball. You're work is paying off and we all should be grateful.
October 4th is a day to rejoice Sim Citi!

Last edited by Vast; 09-02-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0
2K comin through like always, wish all game companies were as dedicated as them
Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #24
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptart23
2K comin through like always, wish all game companies were as dedicated as them
They should they only got one game to focus on..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »