Home

FIFA 12 Video - Man City vs. Barcelona

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Video - Man City vs. Barcelona within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 12 Video - Man City vs. Barcelona

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: FIFA 12 Video - Man City vs. Barcelona

Good to see the Barca user actually try to get some kind of build up going. Whereas the City user just kept using the famous run down the side and cross into the box tactic.

Video is not all that impressive. I will reserve my judgement until I have a controller in hand. Plus the fact the game is in normal speed makes it look much worse IMO.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Seeing a lot of things that I like already and a few that I hate and are still present from last year. The players control on the ball and ability to receive a pass, keep moving the direction they want to go and get rid of it quickly. The precision dribbling also seems to be exactly what they needed it to be. Close control, the ability to still move quickly when keeping it and ability to make quick cuts out of it.

My problems still lie in the fact that it seemed some players were just sprinting down the wings and creating an attack without building anything up, but that also could have been because of my next problem, defending. The back line is still in shambles and are all doing their own thing. The ball is on the right side of City's attack and Barca's right back is still on the opposite side of the field. The backs pressure forward with an attacker checking to the ball, and the rest of the back line stay in place and make no attempt to cover and force play to a less dangerous area.

I know it's never going to be perfect so this video was great to see, just hope the defending problems were down more to the users than to the game.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6
Seems like this is being played on a fast speed. I am always more of a slow type player.

Obviously, the thing I most need to experience from the demo is whether the intense close-down defending has been eliminated (or at least scaled back significantly). I want to love this game, because even though I'm a huge fan of the PES '12 demo, the lack of team licenses absolutely kills that game for me. A lot of the details in this particular video are hard to decipher due to the quality. Looking forward to September 13.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Man City user made Fifa looks like a pinball game. *SMH* It's so typical also:

Sprint on wings, lead passes, go for cross with ease... Not loving it to be honest...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
That rebound goal was pretty weak. Wonder what difficulty setting they were playing on?
Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Holy crap that game speed was super high. Looked like an arcade soccer game with all the sprinting 1-2 passes.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
A pretty irresponsible video for showcasing the games new features. I really wanted to see more of the tactical defending and close-quarter dribbling i've been reading about. But I suppose maybe that wasn't what this was meant to do. Also, holy sprint and 1-2 pass! I've never played online but if this is how the majority of the world plays the game, I will continue to keep to myself. I just hope manager mode is fun again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »