Home

OS Is Seeking New Writers

This is a discussion on OS Is Seeking New Writers within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Is Seeking New Writers

Operation Sports, the largest and most extensive sports video game website around, is seeking new feature writers, reviewers and news commentators right now. We are currently seeking qualified and talented sports gamers to join our team of sports gaming professionals.

We are looking for people who are clearly passionate about sports games, and they must also have a wide range of sports and gaming knowledge -- casual fans need not apply. Writers at Operation Sports have gone on to work for such companies and organizations as EA, THQ, Activision, the WWE, the NFL and several major publications.

Simply put, this a great place that connects you to all facets of the sports world. We expect you to reflect the passion of writers past and present. This is an amazing team, and we are looking to add only the best to it.

We currently have two different types of positions open, and we are expecting you to pick one. The first is a feature/reviewer/previewer position. We want you to be able to write about sports games from the perspective of a feature writer and games reviewer. The second position is for a "news blogger" because we are looking to spice up our news coverage, and we are looking for one qualified person to help with this.

This is a paying freelance writing position. So be on top of your game because we definitely are.

Your application should contain:

-Your name

-Your basic biographical info: age, location, favorite teams, etc.

-Indicate if you are either applying for the news blogger or feature writer position.

-Two short relevant writing samples (preferably 400 words or less)

-A brief sketch of your sports gaming passion in 250 words or less. You want to be DQ'ed quickly? Go over the word count limit, we dare you.

-A resume detailing any prior experience as a writer or other qualifications.

-A Twitter username (Not required, but highly beneficial)

-Your OS forum Name (Again, not required but also highly beneficial)

-If you are applying for the feature writer position, please indicate which games you feel you are able to cover the best. Don't just list everything, we won't believe you.

OR

-If you are applying for the news blogger position, please provide a brief blog post sample. Cover the story linked here for Operation Sports.

Get everything together in either an e-mail or within a single .rtf or .doc attachment -- don't send everything in multiple attachments unless you want to annoy us all. Please send your app to me at [email protected].

Your work will be based on meeting deadlines first and foremost, thus you will have to get your application in by the deadline to qualify. The deadline to get an application in is noon (EST) on September 12, 2011. Any applications sent in after, even if you are Hemingway reborn, will not even be read.

We will reach out to qualified applicants shortly after to let you know about the next step.

This will be a tiered and highly competitive application process, as we expect hundreds of applicants. We wish everyone the best of luck and cannot wait to see your applications!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
So many asterisks, so little clarification.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Chris .. ya probably want to change that link for people to cover. Steve and Matt will be saying, "WHY DID YOU PUT A LINK ON THE SITE THAT DESCRIBES WHY OPERATION SPORTS IS NULL AND VOID?"
Old 09-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRadioGuy
Chris .. ya probably want to change that link for people to cover. Steve and Matt will be saying, "WHY DID YOU PUT A LINK ON THE SITE THAT DESCRIBES WHY OPERATION SPORTS IS NULL AND VOID?"
On the contrary, I think the link shows why we are more relevant than ever. If people come here for buying advice, what better place than a place that goes deeper into each sports game than any other?

OS is relevant so long as people buy sports games, seems to be how it's gone. We've grown with the genre.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
if you dont have a resume, will you not be considered for the job? i have never really written anything before but i am very passionate about sports game and i know i could write a good review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
^^^^ I'm wondering this question as well. I'm currently a senior majoring in professional writing, and the only thing I have published was written four years ago and not online anywhere unfortunately. I have several Facebook notes, however! LOL
Old 09-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8
It's always been a dream of mine to work/write for you guys but I am probably way under qualified than everyone else applying. Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Rookie

DLowery's Arena

OVR: 8
I've been waiting for an opportunity from OS in their writing department for quite some time now. I graduated from FSU with a BA in English/Communications last Fall and have been looking for work in the Sports/Sports Gaming Journalism field since.

(I currently work for Major League Gaming as the Call of Duty: Black Ops Feature Writer)

I just sent in my application and resume. Good luck to everyone!

@DillonJLowery

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »