Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

IncGamers have posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
It’s not just the shots and the AI’s ability to mimic the styles of real NBA team’s strategies that’s been taken up a notch though, the court itself has also been expanded. If you’ve been seen an NBA game then you’ll have no doubt noticed that there’s very little free space beyond the outer lines of the court. Whether it’s the commentary table, the two teams’ benches or the first row of the crowd, players now interact with whatever they come across past those white lines.

For example, players will jump onto (or over) the commentary table if they’re going too fast to stop; they fall into the spectators in the front row and their team-mates do their best to keep them upright when they collide with their own bench. While this ‘feature’ doesn’t add anything to the gameplay it does bring things ever closer to the dynamics of the real thing, at least as far as spectating goes.

As far as the gameplay is concerned the changes seem to be less obvious but still fairly impactful. A new collision system makes tussles in mid-air, on the floor and, according to Snyder, “in mid-air to floor” much more noticeable and more meaningful. The effect is similar to that in Fifa 12 in that you don’t quite know what’s going to happen when two players collide.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
Rookie

mreyes930's Arena

OVR: 18
Am I the only one who read 1992 Knicks?? This is the second time I hear about a team in the game that was not originally listed ('08 Celtics). I'm growing a little more suspicious about possible DLC. Are the reviewers being misinformed about what teams they're using or are there more teams?

Last edited by mreyes930; 09-07-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Yawn. I could of written a better "hands on" preview. It's getting tiresome reading the same things over and over again
Old 09-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
This all sounds great, but one little thing that worries me. He said that the shot stick could now be used for everything including dunks and layups. I hope this doesn't mean that they have gotten rid of shooting with square button because I've never been comfortable with shot stick. I try to switch to it but it just doesn't feel right my natural instinct is just to press square when I want to shoot.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
Rookie

mreyes930's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
This all sounds great, but one little thing that worries me. He said that the shot stick could now be used for everything including dunks and layups. I hope this doesn't mean that they have gotten rid of shooting with square button because I've never been comfortable with shot stick. I try to switch to it but it just doesn't feel right my natural instinct is just to press square when I want to shoot.
The shoot button is still the shoot button. This just means that the shot stick has been given more control.

PSN: kingmike9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Yawn. I could of written a better "hands on" preview. It's getting tiresome reading the same things over and over again
Maybe because 2k isn't letting the writers unveil new stuff?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrombleacher
Maybe because 2k isn't letting the writers unveil new stuff?
I think you are right.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
2k wanna keep the suspense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »