Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #17
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadsas
DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry. I'd rather have less teams but no DLC
I agree bro. I'm a tight a$$ when it comes to money. It almost kills me to dish out $60 for this. but I do anyway just like I did with 2K11 because that's how much I have grown to love 2K basketball games. but like I said $60 is a lot of dough to me. If I pay $60 I want the whole game. everything they have to offer. and I should get it for that amount. but most companies a few months later say oh theres 5 new teams(or whatever the DLC is) but you have to shell out an additional $20 to get it. See that ticks me off cause obviously I want the 5 teams but another $20 when I already paid $60. I should just be able to download these teams for free. but I get it you know business is business and most people who are as big of fans as I am of the series would pay the $20 and I'm not blaming them or condemning them or anything. I don't know what I'm trying to say is I'm a tight a$$ and when it comes to games I want to have the whole thing so usually my heart is ripped into when DLC comes out. Not saying to much about 2K though cause THQ is the worlds worst. You have to pay to access certain online features on SVR and then pay for extra legends and then pay for god knows what after that so yeah. sorry just felt like a rant.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #18
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (IncGamers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I agree bro. I'm a tight a$$ when it comes to money. It almost kills me to dish out $60 for this. but I do anyway just like I did with 2K11 because that's how much I have grown to love 2K basketball games. but like I said $60 is a lot of dough to me. If I pay $60 I want the whole game. everything they have to offer. and I should get it for that amount. but most companies a few months later say oh theres 5 new teams(or whatever the DLC is) but you have to shell out an additional $20 to get it. See that ticks me off cause obviously I want the 5 teams but another $20 when I already paid $60. I should just be able to download these teams for free. but I get it you know business is business and most people who are as big of fans as I am of the series would pay the $20 and I'm not blaming them or condemning them or anything. I don't know what I'm trying to say is I'm a tight a$$ and when it comes to games I want to have the whole thing so usually my heart is ripped into when DLC comes out. Not saying to much about 2K though cause THQ is the worlds worst. You have to pay to access certain online features on SVR and then pay for extra legends and then pay for god knows what after that so yeah. sorry just felt like a rant.
It's extra content...
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army
Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
It's extra content...
I've always been at least a little confused about that. For instance, with rally racing game Dirt 3, there's been an abundance of cars and tracks released as DLC. However, all that content was created and ready for the game's initial release. The only reason it wasn't in the game itself was so the company could charge for it later, branding it as extra content.

So is DLC ever something developerss decide to truly add on to a game? Is that possible once it's already been released? Or is all DLC just content that was already on the game disc but withheld so as to charge extra money?
Old 09-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
Rookie

lsalas76's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
Am I the only one who read 1992 Knicks?? This is the second time I hear about a team in the game that was not originally listed ('08 Celtics). I'm growing a little more suspicious about possible DLC. Are the reviewers being misinformed about what teams they're using or are there more teams?
yeah I read about the 08 Celtics possibly being in the game from that Dime article and someone also made a thread about it on another website's forum.

As far as the 92 Knicks go, I believe the reviewer just made a typo.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I've always been at least a little confused about that. For instance, with rally racing game Dirt 3, there's been an abundance of cars and tracks released as DLC. However, all that content was created and ready for the game's initial release. The only reason it wasn't in the game itself was so the company could charge for it later, branding it as extra content.

So is DLC ever something developerss decide to truly add on to a game? Is that possible once it's already been released? Or is all DLC just content that was already on the game disc but withheld so as to charge extra money?
exactly my friend exactly. this is the way i feel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #22
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Yawn. I could of written a better "hands on" preview. It's getting tiresome reading the same things over and over again
All of the hands-on have been pretty much the same because the writers are playing the same demo and being told the same things from 2k. So we get the same preview just from a different source. As more insights come out and we get closer to release date we will see more previews and new information highlighting different aspects of the game (my player, association, and online have barely, if at all, been talked about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadsas
DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry. I'd rather have less teams but no DLC
personally i love dlc/add-ons and how much the online capabilities have improved with this generation of systems; however it's ridiculous how much developers charge paying customers to access more content (COD plus all map packs will cost you well over $100). But how can you dislike extra-content that you don't have to buy? I already know I'm getting $60 worth when I buy 2k12 so if I can buy extra teams a couple months after release I'll be down, as long as the price is right and I find the teams worth it.

Videogames tend to get boring after a couple months, DLC helps freshen up the experience. I like the idea that after I buy and beat a game I can look forward to something new being added to the experience down the road. Developers (2k in this situation) just need to find the right price point for the content. For 2k it would really depend on the number of teams and who is on the teams. I would be very reluctant to pay money for the 08 Celtics when the players are already in the game and I could make that team myself. However if Barkley's Suns, Miller's Pacers, or even one of A.I's 76ers were DLC then I would probably purchase in a heartbeat.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 25

Here's where the real issue lies in reguards to DLC for me.

Let's say 2k12 has DLC and the 92/93 Suns with Barkley become available. If I were to make a roster using that team, anyone else who wanted to use it would most likely also have to purchase the DLC. That's fairly obvious to anyone familiar with DLC from other games like COD(you can't play a map that was DLC online if you don't have the DLC)

My other question/concern is: Let's say I get the game on release day(which I will) so I have access to the "bonus" teams of 91 GSW and 02 Kings. Someone else purchases the game at a later date after all the "bonus" team copies have been sold. If I make a roster that includes one of the bonus teams, will a user without it be able to use the roster? Will the "bonus" teams be made available as DLC for "late" adopters?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
As far as the gameplay is concerned the changes seem to be less obvious but still fairly impactful. A new collision system makes tussles in mid-air, on the floor and, according to Snyder, “in mid-air to floor” much more noticeable and more meaningful. The effect is similar to that in Fifa 12 in that you don’t quite know what’s going to happen when two players collide.
If this means less of the same double clutch lay-ups then I'm all in. I want to see it in gameplay videos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »