Home

NHL 12 - Canadiens vs. Penguins (Full Game)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Canadiens vs. Penguins (Full Game) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NHL 12 - Canadiens vs. Penguins (Full Game)

These videos are also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 12 - Canadiens vs. Penguins (Full Game)

Thanks Chase!
The AI seems solid.

Makes it even more disappointing about the broken BaGM mode.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

What difficulty was this played on? The first two Canadiens goals exposed some pretty brutal defensive AI.

The first one was a two-on-one where instead of taking away the passing lane the AI defender actually skated right over to the player without the puck. This essentially handed the puck carrier a breakaway.

The second goal was similar. Three Penguin defenders covering two Canadien forwards on the far side of the net while they watched the puck carrier walk out to the front of the net and score.

Not exactly encouraging.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywise
What difficulty was this played on? The first two Canadiens goals exposed some pretty brutal defensive AI.

The first one was a two-on-one where instead of taking away the passing lane the AI defender actually skated right over to the player without the puck. This essentially handed the puck carrier a breakaway.

The second goal was similar. Three Penguin defenders covering two Canadien forwards on the far side of the net while they watched the puck carrier walk out to the front of the net and score.

Not exactly encouraging.
The Cole goal is interesting because the guy who tries to check him falls, which might have thrown off the coverage and given Cole the space coming from behind the net.

That said, the AI is definitely shaky in terms of defending guys with the puck below the circles, and coming off the boards and behind the net down low.

It was standard All-Star.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywise

Not exactly encouraging.
On a two on one,....the Dman should be taking out the open player,.....and letting the goalie shut down the shooter.

That`s how goalies want it,.....we don`t want the puck carrier to even think about passing to the open guy,.....we want the puck carrier to be forced to shoot,.....it`s our job to stop the puck.

By playing the middle,the passing lane,......you don`t accomplish very much of anything,...the odds of stopping a pass is very low,the open guy is left open...going for the back door play that is the goalie`s worst nightmare,......and if the pass doesn`t come,the open guy is still there as a threat/decoy,...and that means the goalie has to respect that threat,...so that means hes got the shooter to worry about,and the backdoor guy,...and possibly a guy coming in late.

Dmen that play the middle on 2 on 1`s aren`t doing their goalies any favours at all,.......and when told how to play it,if they continue their evil ways,....they are despised by goalies one and all.

I haven`t seen the 2nd goal yet.....but I have seen some issues with defensive AI.

To my knowledge,the settings used for these games is at least AllStar,could be Super Star,....with default hardcore settings.

The hardcore settings aren`t hardcore enough for me,so I already know that I`ll be doing sliders again.

Another thing I might do,as I plan on doing some roster editing too.....is to increase defensive awareness,.....an across the board bump.
Of course I will be trying to use this category to achieve some separation between top NHL players,avg NHL players,AHL,CHL.......as well as some other tweaks/rollbacks/adjustments in other categories.

It`s a big task,.....general game play sliders,passing speeds,shot speeds,shot accuracy(which might not be as bad this year),goalie reaction speeds etc,fine tuning AI settings,....then roster editing,then evaluation of all the previous steps,and making adjustments if necessary,.....till I get what I should be getting,almost,right from the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

OK,I guess I stand corrected on setting for this game video,...Chase says All Star/Normal ?

Good to know so I can evaluate.

Is the shoddy AI an All Star diff. issue? Is the AI better on Super Star?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

Incredibly disappointing that they post-goal video goes immediately to the fans celebrating after the goal is scored. In no broadcast in history has that happened.

ESPECIALLY on the road.

Thanks for the videos, though. The gameplay does look acceptable, and I'm going to assume this is with no sliders.

Last edited by tyler289; 09-07-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
OK,I guess I stand corrected on setting for this game video,...Chase says All Star/Normal ?

Good to know so I can evaluate.

Is the shoddy AI an All Star diff. issue? Is the AI better on Super Star?
It's on hardcore as well, just the standard all-star hardcore. Sorry for the confusion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »