Home

NHL 12 - Legends Ratings

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Legends Ratings within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
EA almost created a first in the sports game industry!

A guy with a lower overall than his age! (Howe is 83 with a 91 ov).
Old 09-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Why Gordie Howe is rated a 99 is beyond me. the same goes for Gretzky
Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
Rookie

cyborgdholliday's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 - Legends Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I would be interested to know when these attributes were pulled from in their careers. I mean Yzerman before his knee was blasted into a goal post was a much faster skater than 85, even after he was a faster skater than 85. He didn't really lose a step until the later 90's. In his prime I think he was a better player than Crosby is now but he is a 92 and Crosby is a 94 overall.

Oh well just my opinion. I hope you can edit these guys because honestly how can Gretzky not be a 99 overall or even Mario for that matter. I'm thinking those 2 should be 99's and Yzerman around a 95-96 as he was the best center behind those 2 when they were all playing together during the mid 80's early 90's

Yzerman in his prime, was better than Crosby is now. Yzerman would have won several more awards if it weren't for the two freaks of nature in the league. Assuming Crosby is a 94, Yzerman is at least a 95. Also, Bourque is also way too low, a top 5 defenseman of all time, tied with Chara? Bourque should be the highest rated defenseman in the game. And the 6 time Hart winning Gordie Howe only being a 91? Terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

If EA wants legends to be rated in accordance with the ratings they use on players currently they should all have been between 95-99. If they revamped the system so that the best in the league were 91-92 only, and only a handful of guys cracked 90 at all, then these ratings would make sense.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #13
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

If they want to utilize the same rating system, Gretzky should seriously be like 147 OVR while Ovechkin and Crosby are in the 90's. How one can compare them in their primes is impossible, but to say they're even close is denying how remarkable Gretzky really was.

I still think this Legends addition is stupid.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
If they want to utilize the same rating system, Gretzky should seriously be like 147 OVR while Ovechkin and Crosby are in the 90's. How one can compare them in their primes is impossible, but to say they're even close is denying how remarkable Gretzky really was.

I still think this Legends addition is stupid.
You know what, you're right. Try scoring 215 pts or 92 goals with the 97 overall rated Gretzky they give us. They need a whole new scale for a guy like him, even Mario to be fair. Although I do like the ***** footing around by making them both 97...
Old 09-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
why is gretzky not 99ovr?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

Well you can';t be surprised.. we all knew this was a silly last minute add on to begin with. A few cyberfaces and some arbitrary stats and boom! A new mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »