Home

NHL 12 - Canadiens vs. Penguins (Full Game)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 - Canadiens vs. Penguins (Full Game) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 12 - Canadiens vs. Penguins (Full Game)

On the faceoff after the first Montreal goal, the Penguins' D-Man does that horrible "skate to the boards and fire a blind pass backwards, right on the guy's tape."

Hopefully that can be tuned/patched out. Same with the D logic in general, which was totally bizarre on the two Montreal goals. Does the aggression slider help at all?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #18
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks FB,....

I`m not trying to be an arse,......just trying to pass along nuggets of gold.
If I had a dollar for every time I saw it "coached" wrong.

In the real world it`s even worse,.....no video game physics to bail out the defence.

It`s like a few other things,...like playing the puck,....coaches these days try to get goalies in the minor hockey system to try to play the puck too much,to be part of a transition game.....but they do it at too young an age when the goalies aren`t quite at the level of proficiency for it.
This even goes up into junior hockey.
Yes,it`s nice to get some help from your goalie,...but you can`t really work it into a breakout style,....because you`re going to have your goalie give up bad goals,for very little reward on the risks.

Same thing with maybe throwing out the puck,instead of getting whistles......

Sometimes coaches just aren`t in the game man,.......like I`m going to listen to a coach who can`t even be awake enough to get the door open and an extra attaacker out on a delayed penalty?
Believe me,.....I see this type of stuff day in day out,year after year,.....and it makes me shake my head.

Howie Meeker too,...just shakin his head.

Last edited by Rogie Vachon; 09-07-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #19
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
Thanks FB,....

I`m not trying to be an arse,......just trying to pass along nuggets of gold.
If I had a dollar for every time I saw it "coached" wrong.

In the real world it`s even worse,.....no video game physics to bail out the defence.
No problem Rogie. It's just in the same bag as the breakaway in that game. People not following hockey would thought that it's easy to score on a breakaway in the NHL.

The best player in the NHL for long was Jussi Jokinnen and he was just over 50% after 2 years of shootout inception. One of the best hands in the league, Pavel Datsyuk was 48% in the same 2 seasons.

So, assuming that it's easy to score on a breakaway in the game is distorted by the inept goalies in NHL 11 to react to dekes and simple moves. EA could defend saying that the save % rate when you take a shot on a breakaway without deking is close to 100%! :-)
Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Either way you can't defend those player goals.. just sad.. The second is even worse, some NHL 09 stuff right there.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Either way you can't defend those player goals.. just sad.. The second is even worse, some NHL 09 stuff right there.
I agree, AI was a problem in every title but to me, it's just getting worse. The videos from Chase just scares me about what will happen.

I'm about stopping to fight against the AI and play the game controlling every player on the ice on my side, and make the AI play the toughest they can on the other side with the sliders.

Maybe it's impossible to replicate a scheme for a hockey game. Maybe I'm just asking too much from the AI and I should be thankful to have at least something that looks like hockey.

Maybe asking Hal Gill to play like Bobby Orr is an error to begin with!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #22
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

OUCH ..... Fleury should have had that last goal

Thanks for uploading Chase...
Old 09-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section_25
OUCH ..... Fleury should have had that last goal

Thanks for uploading Chase...
Yup, he need to stay tight to that post. But I was happy to see it wasn't a regular 'top-shelf' goal. It snuck between his trapper and leg pad. Nice to see.

I don't mind goalies being a bit weak because if you're in tight with time and space, a good shooter should be able to capitalize most of the time.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #24
Banned

I like the idea to bump Def Awareness for one of the team ( everybody to 99) and everybody to 50 for the other team. Replay the game and see what's the effect of that rating on the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »