Home

Madden NFL 12 Sales Rise 10% in Week One Over Last Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Sales Rise 10% in Week One Over Last Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 12 Sales Rise 10% in Week One Over Last Year

Holding out for a patch, but luckily I avoided NCAA this year with the same mentality.

I loved the Madden demo in terms of gameplay, but franchise mode makes and breaks the game for me every year and I don't like most of the issues and problems that exist this year. Hopefully a patch can fix at least half of those problems and then I can work on a slider set to make Coach Mode playable.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Just received this press release from EA:

[center][/left][/i]

Seems Madden has seen a pretty solid rise in sales in week one, which is almost a harbinger of things to come. Despite critics being a bit more cool on the franchise this year, the franchise seems to continually add to sales. One thing I'm interested in is whether the rise in sales is really 10 percent on traditional consoles because it appears mobile sales are also counted.

Either way, sounds like another banner launch for the Madden franchise.
And there is no way that they would be misrepresenting Madden's console sales, right?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
And there is no way that they would be misrepresenting Madden's console sales, right?
Doesn't mean beans to the stockholders.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #20
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Happy to see this. They deserve it this year. Much better than 11.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 AM   #21
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOYO78
This is probably the dumbest statement Ppl say all the time " l bought NCAA 12 " but I'm not buying Madden. Do u ppl realize u are paying the same company F'ing idiots. Play Madden if it's ur thing quit the hating!!!! Not buying madden ain't solving anything, the only way u will see competition is for another company to pony up cash to the NFL, so please go somewhere else with the I hate EA but I'm here still making comments onMadden articles u ain't fooling no one y'all still will pay EA either Madden or NCAA u are still paying
No its not a dumb statement. I prefer college football over professional. I love the rivalries, the large variety of teams, the variety of stadiums, the bands, the atmosphere and everything else that is college football. That being said ive always preferred NCAA Football over Madden because of the variety of teams and players help the replay value. So if i had to choose between a mediocre College Football game or a mediocre NFL Football game, i'm choosing the college game.

I didn't not buy Madden because i don't want to support EA. I can care less who makes the game. If the game is good i'll buy it. But i'm not just pissing away $60 on a mediocre football game that i'll get bored with in a few weeks. I dont get bored with NCAA like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #22
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
sale reps can spin all figures to sound powerful;. i am not a madden *****, but i am a person who hates spin being used to validate a point.

for example, i took the minutes played and divided it by 60 (minutes in an hour) t, then divide that by 3 (days the season pass allowed) and came up with 22,000. this allows for 22,000 people to play the game for one hour a day. the 22,000 was the same figure being bantered around as actual people who bought season pass. i am quite sure the number is valid now and if your season pass members only played the game for 3 hours on average, you did not sell enough of them.

other possibilities about the sales figures presented. :

the 1.4 million could be what was sold to retailers. not sold to consumers.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #23
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOYO78
This is probably the dumbest statement Ppl say all the time " l bought NCAA 12 " but I'm not buying Madden. Do u ppl realize u are paying the same company F'ing idiots. Play Madden if it's ur thing quit the hating!!!! Not buying madden ain't solving anything, the only way u will see competition is for another company to pony up cash to the NFL, so please go somewhere else with the I hate EA but I'm here still making comments onMadden articles u ain't fooling no one y'all still will pay EA either Madden or NCAA u are still paying
I'm amazed at how frustrated and angry people can get over a video game. SMH
Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Thats great news that sales are up considering the game is so improved. Maybe they'll now get the hint that if they improve it even more that sales will go up again next year..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »