Home

NBA 2K12 Impressions, Q&A (From Hands-On Event in Washington, DC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Impressions, Q&A (From Hands-On Event in Washington, DC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
Were their any new dunk and lay-up animations added. And did they add on to the dunk and lay up animations selection in the player edit menu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #186
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 Impressions, Q&A (From Hands-On Event in Washington, DC)

How were the steals? Did they happen cause you reached at the right time and made contact with the ball or were they random and animation based?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can u edit shorts length on players?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #188
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Aaron

Between the teams you used and played, did they all seem to play at the exact same pace...

Meaning were they all just fastbreaking all game, or did you notice the teams definitely had their own styles of play...

I'd say CH 2k8 was the last game I really felt this, say if you played Boston College they played slow down and went inside alot, as opposed to Duke or NC who gave you a completely opposite challenge.

I hope that question was clear enough

Kind of hard to tell. The first two games I saw and the first I played were player v. player. The only games I played against the CPU were the Legend games. The Boston/OKC game was against someone but he played off the ball defense so I was able to see how the CPU defense reacts.

The Celtics/Lakers legends game definetly had a slower pace to it and felt like a game from that era. My only disappointment was that I dont think the CPU went inside enough to Shaq when I played the Magic. Penny and Donald Royal took a good amount of shots.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #189
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

One thing I forgot was Kevin Harlin's signature phrases are now in the game. I heard a "Right Between The Eyes" after nailing a Hubert Davis 3.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #190
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
How were the steals? Did they happen cause you reached at the right time and made contact with the ball or were they random and animation based?

Thanks
Right time. I actually had something occur that I hadnt seen in past games. In My Player, I was guarding my man tight but not reaching in. He turned into me, lost the ball and it lead to a steal even though I didnt press the steal button or attempt a reach in.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #191
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Kind of hard to tell. The first two games I saw and the first I played were player v. player. The only games I played against the CPU were the Legend games. The Boston/OKC game was against someone but he played off the ball defense so I was able to see how the CPU defense reacts.

The Celtics/Lakers legends game definetly had a slower pace to it and felt like a game from that era. My only disappointment was that I dont think the CPU went inside enough to Shaq when I played the Magic. Penny and Donald Royal took a good amount of shots.

I had the same feeling from 2k11 from the post, but it could've been an anomaly since it was only one game. Hopefully there are some mixing it up type of games where you can't always execute your main gameplan so well because of how the user or the CPU adjusts

Thanks for the info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is Penny skinny?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »