Home

F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary Video #3 (Co-Op Championship)

This is a discussion on F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary Video #3 (Co-Op Championship) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary Video #3 (Co-Op Championship)

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

NEW F1 2011™ DEVELOPER DIARY REVEALS CO-OP CHAMPIONSHIP MODE

See How Two Players Work Together to Win Their Team
the FIA FORMULA ONE CONSTRUCTORS’ WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP at www.facebook.com/formula1game

Los Angeles – September 8, 2011 – Codemasters® has today released the third in its series of F1 2011™ developer diaries. The video features gameplay footage and reveals the new Co-op Championship mode that allows two players to drive for the same FORMULA ONE™ team in pursuit of the coveted FIA FORMULA ONE CONSTRUCTORS’ WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Available online, the Co-op Championship mode brings two friends together in the same team as they work together for the Constructors’ crown while also competing separately for the Drivers’ Championship title. This brand new feature for F1 2011 gives players a taste of the intense sporting and political rivalry that exists between drivers in FORMULA ONE teams as they balance personal glory and directing the development of the car in their favor with achieving team goals.

“Now when I look across the garage and see my teammate in there, I am not comparing myself against an AI teammate, I’m comparing myself against someone that I know personally,” said Stephen Hood, Chief Game Designer, Codemasters. “I’m interested in who’s got the most points, who’s out-qualified me. It’s about trying to fight to be the leader of a team. It makes for a completely different experience, playing with a friend. It’s now a personal game mode.”
F1 2011 will challenge players to “be the driver, live the life, go compete”, with wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track and vastly extended competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. Players will be able to race against 16 players online plus 8 AI cars to simulate a full 24 car grid, team up with a friend or enjoy multiplayer racing from the sofa in split-screen mode.

F1 2011 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the highly anticipated 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ including the current FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS’ WORLD CHAMPION Sebastian Vettel. The 2011 season also sees the debut of the 2011 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA at Delhi’s Buddh International Circuit and the return of the iconic Nürburgring to the calendar.

F1 2011 launches for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® on September 20. Handheld editions of F1 2011 are also in production for Nintendo 3DS™ and PlayStation® Vita, each designed to take advantage of the new platforms’ unique capabilities; specific release dates for the handheld editions are to be announced. To get all the news straight from the studio race over to www.facebook.com/formula1game or follow the team on twitter at www.twitter.com/formula1game.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 09-08-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: F1 2011 Video - Developer Diary Video #3 (Co-Op Championship)

Can't wait. 12 days and counting.

Co-Op sounds like an excellent addition and I am looking foward to trying it out.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Which version is everyone getting?

I am leaning towards the PC version.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

I'll be getting this on PS3 on the 23rd!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Being that most of the F1 racers I know will be on the 360 thats where I am going. Plus I have a decent setup for my 360 wheel.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
I'll be getting this on PS3 on the 23rd!
I prefer my G27 so it is going to be a toss up between the PS3 or the PC. Just looking to see what most are doing so that I have fun online with those I know.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm definitely excited for this game but I still can't get the sour taste out of my mouth from last year. I'll probably wait to make sure the issues have all been addressed including the fuel sim issue that was never resolved from last year.

Hopefully it doesn't need a massive patch and for their sake I hope they haven't burned up their core audience due to those shortcomings from last year.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I prefer my G27 so it is going to be a toss up between the PS3 or the PC. Just looking to see what most are doing so that I have fun online with those I know.
All I got is a laptop, so PS3 it is. I have a G27 too but dont have a decent stand for it. Card table just didnt work at all lol! It would be nice to have a few people to race with online to keep the game from getting stale. Cant wait to try the Co-Op Championship! Is that split screen too?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »