Home

NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #17
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

One play and all those all those options. You can do so much with this one play, bluff the 2 in different directions, use the 2 if you want to take the three, screen and rub with the point guard, isolate the 3, run a pick and fade with the 1 and 4. I know the players do a lot more off the ball movement this year but this makes me want to run even more plays. I don't know if the Czar can post this but is this a persistant offense play?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #18
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

If I remember correctly, Rob Jones said the "persistent offense" plays where more focused on getting the stars involved if the D is overplaying. This play probably would fall under the new sets with "living branches."
Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #19
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Fantastic breakdown, Czar!

I hope the cpu is that deadly too
Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #20
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
One play and all those all those options. You can do so much with this one play, bluff the 2 in different directions, use the 2 if you want to take the three, screen and rub with the point guard, isolate the 3, run a pick and fade with the 1 and 4. I know the players do a lot more off the ball movement this year but this makes me want to run even more plays. I don't know if the Czar can post this but is this a persistant offense play?
Haha nope. Actually this is Just a regular play. The persisten offense plays give you multiple options for the same player. So if it's a Persistent play for carmelo. The it gives you multiple options to get HIM the ball.

This was just a regular play for the Celtics with living branches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #21
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Fantastic breakdown, Czar!

I hope the cpu is that deadly too
Thanks Dre. The thing is sometimes the cpu flows so well between branches if you don't know the play you can't tell they have branched.

It was beyond awesome to me to deny the post and have the cpu use the persistent branch to still get that player the ball.

I wouldn't expect it to always work flawlessly but it's fun when it does.

Knowing 2k tho it's only going to get better with time as far as tge AI's ability to understand what your trying to do and counter.

For strategy heads this starts to even the playing field a little bit. So that the cpu doesn't have break it's attack and freelance at the first sign of trouble.

Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

Awesome stuff! "The Inevitability of buying this game"
Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #23
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Haha nope. Actually this is Just a regular play. The persisten offense plays give you multiple options for the same player. So if it's a Persistent play for carmelo. The it gives you multiple options to get HIM the ball.

This was just a regular play for the Celtics with living branches.

Can't wait to play and see this in action. I can't think of another sport where you would have this many options every play possession, maybe soccer, or hockey. To see this in a video game is crazy.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thanks Dre. The thing is sometimes the cpu flows so well between branches if you don't know the play you can't tell they have branched.

It was beyond awesome to me to deny the post and have the cpu use the persistent branch to still get that player the ball.

I wouldn't expect it to always work flawlessly but it's fun when it does.

Knowing 2k tho it's only going to get better with time as far as tge AI's ability to understand what your trying to do and counter.

For strategy heads this starts to even the playing field a little bit. So that the cpu doesn't have break it's attack and freelance at the first sign of trouble.

That's the thing ID did so well though...they had plays just like that and you could never tell where the hit was coming from

I can't believe we will ever reach that games level of relentless AI because it was almost too perfect lol, but you had to stay on your toes always

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »