Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Donald Cerrone vs. Benson Henderson

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Donald Cerrone vs. Benson Henderson within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Donald Cerrone vs. Benson Henderson

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Donald Cerrone vs. Benson Henderson

Looks pretty good, but I will have to wait until OS guys get their hands on it and post their comments. Shouldn't instand takedowns be determined by ratings? If Brock tries to take down Brett Rodgers, that should be instant most of the time. Hopefully the submission games has seen a major improvement. No shine!
Michigan Wolverines (11 National Championships)
New York Rangers (4 Stanley Cups)
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
Banned

JOHN 3:16's Arena

OVR: 0
Things i noticed. When the guy goes for the clinch he morphs thorough him. Also when the henderson taps he doesn't open his hand. Plus i big one here, when henderson is caught in a leg lock in real life he would be punching or pushing the guy not just sitting there.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

That looked terrible. It looked a lot better than 2010 but it still appears to be a poor representation of the sport.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8
Isn't Benson Henderson the guy with ginormous thighs? Why are they so small here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah the leg submission and pretty much every submission attempt and defense looks very BLAND. It should be a more visual struggle of the fighter trying to get out of the submission.

Both fighters look too still during the whole process. In real life, that isn't the case, you see a lot of movement back & forth between the fighter trying to apply and the one trying to escape.

Take the leg lock - in real lifea fighter would try to spin out and be punching the other guy in the back or legs trying to escape.

I mean other then ground sways and a new position up against the cage on the ground, I don't see anything new to the ground game.

I still see the same sweep reversal from the bottom to you landing on top of the person. Which in real life, rarely happens like that.

And they better have it if you punch the mat too many times, your fighter breaks their hand or elbow. It would be completely stupid if you can ground sway the entire time and the other fighter never breaks their hand or elbow from repeatedly punching the ground.

Same thing with blocking. You shouldn't be able to just hold block the entire game without breaking your own arms and legs from constantly blocking.

But yeah I was hoping they would take out that awful looking reverse from bottom half guard to top half guard.

Also they better have added kimura sweeps from the bottom and standing kimuras.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

The ridiculous submission system looks like a game killer for me. I could stand shining because at least it didn't interfere with the game - this looks like the game pretty much goes on hold and you play cat and mouse for a while. It just looks plain stupid and annoying. Where do they come up with these ideas?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
c'mon the submission system? the cant be serious???? WTF? maybe the could have put in the old school snake games for nokia cells of the 90s? this is garbage...and the visuals? hm...for 2 year dev cycle...pretty lame overall

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »