Home

NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #9 - Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #9 - Defense within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #9- Defense

Wow no more auto jumps when hands up or intense D!!!!

Also on ball D getting rewarded by contesting the shot better. Buh bye pain camping!!!

Right now it looks like almost all the cheese from 2k11 has an answer in D! Im sure cheesers will come up with new stuff, but still great great stuff!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #18
Rookie

mreyes930's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i thought we were supposed to get an insight from Mike Wang this week? It's not that big of a deal, but I was looking forward to reading his insight.
He will be doing the "Controls" Insight early next week. They saved that for last because that will have a video along with it showcasing all of these gameplay aspects.

PSN: kingmike9
Old 09-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The auto-contest doesn't really rely on user input if I'm reading it correctly.

I hope I am wrong. So much thought put into defense this year and it's automated.
This whole great write up on improvements and the first thing you do is point out something you consider a negative. I wouldn't make this a big deal if you hadn't been doing this consistently the past week concerning this game. I'd be more interested to hear what you like first then your dislikes. I do respect your opinion though as that's what keeps the developers on there feet and helps the game to improve every year.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

It appears as though the game will be QUITE balanced this year. We've got plenty of great, effective options on both offense and defense.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Right but (again it could be how I am reading it) it seems as if as long as you have your hands up and moving around it will auto contest.

It would be better implemented making it a "flick" or a button press.

I may change my mind so as with all other insights the jury is still out. But I've been preaching for this for years so I hope it isn't as simple as just holding either LT or the RS.
sounds like it has returned to how it was 2k7 (and I think) 2k8....which I for one, welcome. Got tired of being in front of a shooter and it not registering as a contest. No defender just stands in front of a shooter w/o at least getting a hand up lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
Rookie

doublek's Arena

OVR: 4

This is all amazing new addition to the whole gameplay system. But what about The Association mode? One must wonder if the potential lack of season affects the love of The Association mode...
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is the insight I was most looking forward to besides the online insight. I can honestly say I came away being more then impressed. Being able to finally move and put your players hands up on the defensive end is huge! Also, the lateral turbo should be a nice addition as well.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #24
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I was only disappointed that the next insight date is TBD. The Game seems like it will will be very balance user vs user games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »