Home

NCAA Football 12 Update From EA SPORTS

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Update From EA SPORTS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Update from EA SPORTS

Any word on what will be done about the plague of freezing still tormenting would be football gamers?

This huge issue was not fixed with patch 2.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
A few other things still busted:

- DB's and LB's are still psychic on pass coverage
- Hard to throw an "in between" touch pass, can only throw a bullet or lob
- CPU chooses to "kick" 90% of the time after winning toss
- Punts always bounce forwards the same way, they never bounce backwards.
- Impossible to block kicks and xps
DB's don't seem as crazy. LB's definitely aren't super jumping. At least to me they are not. I play on Heisman.

I agree about the in between pass. They should just create a function for the LT or L2 button that when you hold it, it throws an in between pass.

Computer choosing to kick 90% of the time is probably pretty accurate in real life... How many teams do you see ever want the ball first?

Kicks are not impossible to block. They are if you use fg block formation and just try to penetrate the line.... Take a LB or corner from the back and run around the edge and time the snap. My brother has blocked 4-5 in 6 years of online dynasty.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #11
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

We're aware of all of the issues that you guys are mentioning. Thanks for the feedback. The main focus for this update was letting you guys know that the "No Huddle" issue is already fixed and being sent through our internal certification process now. Once we make it to first party, I'll let you know.

Also, once I have more information to share on the other issues, I'll let you guys know as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

I posted the below in another thread. You might want to pass this information on to your developers. It is a pattern for which positions/tendencies are getting switched as a result of the tendency bug:

So I found the pattern for the tendency issue. Tendencies get changed for not only incoming freshmen, but existing players as well. Here is the pattern to which players tendencies get changed and to what they get changed to.

All positions have 3 tendencies, balanced and 2 others. Ex: QB has balance, pocket passer and scrambler. For each position, balance and 1 of the other two tendencies get switched EVERY TIME. So every scrambler QB will become balanced and every balanced QB will become a scrambler. Pocket Passers will never change.

So far, here are the positions I tested out and the results:

QB: balance <--> scrambler; pocket passer unchanged
HB: balance <--> speed; power unchanged
LB: balance <--> run stopper; coverage unchanged

I bet every other position acts similar.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Rookie

What about the custom stadium sounds issue that they stop working after the first drive?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
Rookie

stigs007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
I posted the below in another thread. You might want to pass this information on to your developers. It is a pattern for which positions/tendencies are getting switched as a result of the tendency bug:

So I found the pattern for the tendency issue. Tendencies get changed for not only incoming freshmen, but existing players as well. Here is the pattern to which players tendencies get changed and to what they get changed to.

All positions have 3 tendencies, balanced and 2 others. Ex: QB has balance, pocket passer and scrambler. For each position, balance and 1 of the other two tendencies get switched EVERY TIME. So every scrambler QB will become balanced and every balanced QB will become a scrambler. Pocket Passers will never change.

So far, here are the positions I tested out and the results:

QB: balance <--> scrambler; pocket passer unchanged
HB: balance <--> speed; power unchanged
LB: balance <--> run stopper; coverage unchanged

I bet every other position acts similar.
I really hope EA gets this fixed with the next update, it really changes the gameplay and realism of your dynasty.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #15
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
We're aware of all of the issues that you guys are mentioning. Thanks for the feedback. The main focus for this update was letting you guys know that the "No Huddle" issue is already fixed and being sent through our internal certification process now. Once we make it to first party, I'll let you know.

Also, once I have more information to share on the other issues, I'll let you guys know as well.

Dewiel, thank you so much for coming to this forum and updating us to put much of our worries at ease. I did not notice any problems with the game until I played against Arkansas State in my Virginia Tech dynasty last night, and where they run the spread no-huddle, it kept defaulting my plays back to a regular dime defense when I was trying to run dime 3-2-6. When I'd switch the formation, it would show 3-2-6 at top left hand corner, but the plays were showing for the regular dime. It was pretty frustrating, but glad to see this will be fixed.

I have only one other major issue (in my mind, and in MANY other's minds) that needs to be addressed and I am curious to see if you guys plan to address this, and I am just curious why no dev has ever acknowledged this as being a problem in the past? The skinny-arm glitch. For the last 3-4 years of NCAA football, there has been a glitch where no matter what slider adjustments we make to their arms (100/50/0), the arms of running backs (and some db's/receivers) will stay super skinny. It is verrry frustrating and really kills the visuals of the game when you have a big power back that has noodle arms. I have David Wilson for Virginia Tech with 100 on arm size, yet in the game, he has annorexic arms, whereas in real life, he has some serious guns. It really kills the immersion factor and the realism. I am just curious how this glitch can keep happening without being addressed, and what exactly causes it, and if there is a work around. I have seen numerous pages of posts about this problem, so I know I am not the only one. Is there any way you guys could address this, please?

Thanks so much for all that you guys do. This year's game is one of the best games I have ever played in my life, glitches and all. I feel like I am playing a real Saturday college football game every time I turn it on.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmerk
What about the custom stadium sounds issue that they stop working after the first drive?
I don't have this issues. Played a home game at Virginia Tech last night in my dynasty, and I have a custom sound for every situation, play on 10 minute quarters, and every single one of my sounds worked for the entire game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »