Home

EA Sports NHL 12 Shatters Records in First Week

This is a discussion on EA Sports NHL 12 Shatters Records in First Week within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports NHL 12 Shatters Records in First Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion7
It's a fatal flaw and the title should NOT have made it onto the shelves in its current state if adequate testing was done.
I don't remember who from EA last year said that NHL 11 was tested from one cover to the other to make sure there wasn't any surprise when the game launch.

Yeah right! Take us for idiots like we all are EA. Last year, it was the AI that was untested and they didn't saw some pretty easy things to do. This year, it's freezing for many guys. If it's freezing for so many, how honestly can you expect us to believe you tested the game?

There's no testing in EA Sports games, that's an Urban Legend. Two exemple of lack of quality control at EA.

- They have the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada logo in the game. The team is call LHJMQ in the game, and the uni's are generic Red and White. Since the "Armada" is written on the logo, I guess no one ever thought it was there for a reason I guess.

- Go play a game at home with the Cape-Breton Screaming Eagles. Take a look at center ice. You'll see that they mispelled Eagles for Aegles. Nice!!!

You know how much EA is good when with all the bugs, freezing and errors they make, they manage to get out a good game that most people have fun with, and that just baffle me!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #18
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Among the additional notable accomplishments for NHL® 12 since its launch on September 13 in North America and September 9 in Europe:

• Fans logged more than 6.9 million online connected game sessions last week (Sept. 13-19), which marks the most online games played in one week in franchise history and 17 percent more than last year’s opening week.
• Each day last week, an average of 86 total hours of online gameplay of NHL® 12 were played by fans – the equivalent of more than 70 full NHL seasons of action every single day.
This kills me. Just another reason for EA to spend even more unnecessary time on the online cheese fest, instead of continuing to build the offline play. This is not good news for offline players like myself.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
This kills me. Just another reason for EA to spend even more unnecessary time on the online cheese fest, instead of continuing to build the offline play. This is not good news for offline players like myself.
and its only marketing bla bla... never trust a self made statistic.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
I have played 3/4 of a season of Be a Pro and I'm loving NHL 12. I played some online as well and between Be a Pro and Online I have not had one freeze yet?

Where are all these freezes everyone is so mad about happening? Is in Season mode, Be a GM or Versus mode?

Be a Pro is awesome these year. I know many complain about the lack of emersion when you are simming to your next shift. Honestly for me it make every shift I get that more more exciting because I can't just jump on the ice when I feel like it to get that goal the team needs. When I do get on the ice I feel like I need to pay attention to what I am doing and get it done with the time I have.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
SHOW ME THE MONEY!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #22
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Well,...then we should be seeing some product support in the way of MORE THAN 1 PATCH to fix all the bugs before next Sept.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #23
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Glad to hear it. The NHL series continues to be my favorite EA Sports game. I do tend to play online a lot, but I feel it's more rewarding than offline.

As far as the bugs and the freezing go, it's nothing in comparison to the NCAA series.

I do hope it's resolved, but my initial thoughts are, "Get ready to wait a while."

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #24
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Glad to hear it. The NHL series continues to be my favorite EA Sports game. I do tend to play online a lot, but I feel it's more rewarding than offline.

As far as the bugs and the freezing go, it's nothing in comparison to the NCAA series.

I do hope it's resolved, but my initial thoughts are, "Get ready to wait a while."
You know, I hope that's not the way people think at EA. Just like I wouldn't want someone in the NHL saying to their fans : "Hey, what are you whinning for, it could be 10 times worst, just look at the Leafs!"

If a company is starting to level by the base, we're in for a tough time. I agree that we are in for a while waiting for a patch. What really makes me sad is the fact that there's a new way to do things now. The game is out in september and most people will really put the game to the limit playing it a lot online. That way, EA is beta testing their game for a month, come out with a patch and a roster update late october (since the AHL players have to sign their union card so they can be put in the game).

On the other side, you think about it, and it makes sense. Which company will be stupid enough not to use people to test their game and even more, get 60$ (in some case, +25 with the season pass) to test their game instead of paying people to test it inside the company? I guess it's just making sense and we shouldn't be surprise to get games with bugs in them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »