Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track and Day 1 DLC

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track and Day 1 DLC within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track and Day 1 DLC

Turn 10 Studios Announces the “Forza Motorsport 4” Game Add-on Season Pass, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track, and Day-One Downloadable Content

“Forza Motorsport 4” Xbox LIVE demo arriving 3rd October for Xbox LIVE Gold members and 7th October for all other Xbox LIVE members

22 September, 2011 — Revving up for the launch of “Forza Motorsport 4” on 14th October 2011, Turn 10 Studios is offering fans a special deal to help fuel their car passion all year long with the “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass. The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is your action-packed ticket to six game add-on packs of the title’s downloadable content as they’re released through the next year.

Starting 14th October, players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers for only 2,400 Microsoft points – redeemable for six game add-on packs, representing a 30 per cent overall saving as compared to purchasing the content separately.

Delivering 60 of the hottest cars to supplement your “Forza” experience, the six game add-ons included in the Season Pass offer will be released from November 2011 to April 2012 and are must-haves for “Forza Motorsport” fans, whether you like to race, tune or simply collect cars from the hundreds of available models in “Forza Motorsport 4.”

The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is also the key to the ultimate day-one experience. Fans who purchase the Season Pass will receive the first game add-on, the “American Muscle” car pack as an additional bonus

The American Muscle car pack includes:
  • 1965 Pontiac GTO
  • 1968 Pontiac Firebird
  • 1970 Buick GSX
  • 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
  • 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
  • 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
  • 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
  • 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
  • 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
Indianapolis Motor Speedway comes to Forza Motorsport 4
Operating continuously for more than a century, Indianapolis Motor Speedway is one of the world’s most iconic tracks and home to the greatest American auto race: the Indianapolis 500. The team at Turn 10 went to painstaking lengths to capture every element of the speedway, including the legendary Brickyard, the instantly recognizable Pagoda building, and Gasoline Alley. Stay tuned for an upcoming entry in the “Making Of Forza Motorsport 4” video documentary series that explores the history of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and how Turn 10 Studios captured and brought the track to life in “Forza Motorsport 4”.

Xbox LIVE demo lands 3rd October to get you ready for race day
For those who cannot wait to speed to victory, the Xbox LIVE demo for “Forza Motorsport 4” will be available to download from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace on 3rd October for Xbox LIVE Gold members and on 7th October for all other Xbox LIVE members. More information about the demo will be revealed soon.
Furthermore, fans are encouraged to pre-order “Forza Motorsport 4” before its UK launch on 14th October to ensure they can get their hands on the Limited Collector’s Edition and to receive the “Launch Bonus” car pack as supplies will be limited.

The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” car pack includes:
  • 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 1997 Lexus SC300
  • 2011 RUF RGT-8
  • 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport
Platform: Xbox 360

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Forza 4 getting Season Pass and day 1 DLC

I hate season passes. It is the industries way of asking gamers to buy episodical games while also asking for the full price up front. If you want to sell me episodes then shrink the price of entry. Basically Froza 4 just became a $90 game.

It is great to hear they have Indy .... I hope that is not part of the DLC. Racing games really screw up by selling track packs. They typically cannot be used in career (Shift 2 a brilliant exception) and have no life with online pick-up-games or matchmaking.

Last edited by lnin0; 09-22-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I don't believe Forza has ever had a track as DLC.

The DLC is vehicles only from the description. But I fail to see how the game became a $90 game argument. If you want the DLC, it's $90 up front, or you can not pay the season pass and buy the DLC as it comes out and pay $105 for all of it. The Season Pass also includes the LE's first 10 cars as well.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

Forza 3 had Nürburgring GP Strecke as DLC.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I don't believe Forza has ever had a track as DLC.
forza 2 had twin ring motegi and road america as track dlc's. forza 3 had nurburgring gp track as dlc.

i dont personally mind dlc for racing games, but im not a fan when they release it day one which to me feels like they hold it out of the game to make a lil extra profit. (i understand the business side of this though).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13
Demo better be good, it'll be the selling point for me. I'm really interested in this game, but I'm not about to spend $90+ to get the complete game unless I really fall in love during that demo.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track and Day 1 DLC

Man, they are really milking the DLC for this one.

Good thing Forza games have a ton of content to begin with, as I never really felt the need to buy any of the add-ons for Forza 2 and 3.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track and Day 1 DLC

The season pass thing isn't a bad thing. If you're the kind of guy who definitely knows he'll buy all the DLC for the game why not get a discount. Those of us who don't then no big deal. Has nothing to do with us. Personally I'm on the fence. I only bought track DLC before for Forza 2 and 3 but this time around with how beautiful the cars look I really want to get them all. I already got the LCE on pre-order so now it's just a matter of deciding what I want to do in regards to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »