Home

NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams Will Be Playable Online, Via DLC

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams Will Be Playable Online, Via DLC within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k12 Legends Showcase (online)

Haha, Rudy Fernandez is the Mavs 4th best SG with a rating of 65 and he's a starter in the demo? LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #26
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Old 09-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #27
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Yea it looks like its DLC and in a blacktop setting. Guess we cant have the cake and the ice cream at the same time. Not into the blacktop streetball setting on a sim basketball game. If i wanted that i would play NBA Street but o well at least I can use my 95-95 magic online. Im still skeptical on weather or not you can play 5v5. That screenshot never mentioned it.

Just speculation but some stuff might have been meant to be leaked. The casual gamers is the group the marketing team target and I dont they are going to care to much for things like this, the NIKEID thing, and other things being leaked.

Last edited by fatleg3; 09-26-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzleman
It looked like 100 in real life
I know that during the finals the commentators were saying a medium range jumper was like a layup for Dirk but I didn't think 2K would take that literally...
Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giammajo
^^^this. It looks like we will only be able to play on blacktop, and the wording is vague about playing 5 on 5. Plus it says "available now on xbox live marketplace" so I'm assuming we'll have to pay a little extra for it.

That said, if we can play 5 on 5 hardwood matches with the legendary teams I'll be downloading it in a heartbeat.
Which part of this sentence makes you think that? "Play online with the legendary teams from NBAs greatest!"

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone
Old 09-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #30
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Precisely. Marketing has been horrible this year. Might overall lead to more sales, but perhaps not more fans from this community.
How is letting leaked footage run rampant bad marketing? If anything it's letting the community do the work for them.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
How is letting leaked footage run rampant bad marketing? If anything it's letting the community do the work for them.
You misunderstood my post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Which part of this sentence makes you think that? "Play online with the legendary teams from NBAs greatest!"
Yea I saw that line, but in context of the whole "showcase" screen I don't think it explicitly implies that we can use the teams in ranked or even unranked games. "Set in NYC's iconic Times Square" doesn't leave much room for games that take place in arenas, and there is no mention of 5v5 anywhere. It might just be 2v2 or 3v3 from those legends teams on the blacktop.

I hope I'm wrong! But even if we can use the full legend teams in a 5 on 5 game, it seems like we can only do it on this times square court, against other legendary teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »