Home

NBA 2K12 Video - Blacktop Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video - Blacktop Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is There Going to be a crew mode if not that could mess up purchase
Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #10
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - Blacktop Mode

Are there MyPlayer Pick up games, I care about Crew games but... Is there still MyPlayer Pick-Up games??

2k i know you wouldn't add all this stuff to the game and then take out Crew and Pick up Games, the thing that kept me playing the game for the most part.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Are there MyPlayer Pick up games, I care about Crew games but... Is there still MyPlayer Pick-Up games??

2k i know you wouldn't add all this stuff to the game and then take out Crew and Pick up Games, the thing that kept me playing the game for the most part.

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K12 Blacktop (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSoloSr
Definitely a vast improvement over last years installment. That whole "midnight-helicopter" atmosphere was not cuttin it. Also agree that the crowd needed some animations, but all in all, I won't be complaining.

Does anyone know if 2K has maintained the "And-1" moves from their past games? I always loved trying to make guys fall with that and it was an aspect of Blacktop that I thought kept it unique...
Yea one of my favorite things they took out last year. But one of the worst things they had last year was the spot light. It was so stupid.

But I love playing 21 with a group of friends. I remember back in the day we use to play up to 6 people on the court. That was really fun!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSoloSr
Definitely a vast improvement over last years installment. That whole "midnight-helicopter" atmosphere was not cuttin it. Also agree that the crowd needed some animations, but all in all, I won't be complaining.

Does anyone know if 2K has maintained the "And-1" moves from their past games? I always loved trying to make guys fall with that and it was an aspect of Blacktop that I thought kept it unique...
Unfortunately, it looks like its only 5v5 and its only that Rucker court. The crowd noise is "neutral" but the animations only root for the home team.

I say its only 5v5 cause he just selected Blacktop and it jumped right to that select player screen, no 1v1, 2v2, 3v3,4v4, 21 or 3pt/DC options on disc it seems. Looks like all of that is going to be exclusive to that Legend Showdown DLC that's set in Times Square.

This stinks, cause Blacktop is (was?) my favorite mode for the 1v1/2v2/3v3 games. I just hope that DLC makes it to the PC version.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Wait you can't go less then 5 on 5.... That was one of my favorite things to do in black top mode.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 Blacktop (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yea one of my favorite things they took out last year. But one of the worst things they had last year was the spot light. It was so stupid.

But I love playing 21 with a group of friends. I remember back in the day we use to play up to 6 people on the court. That was really fun!
Only 6? We play almost 15 people sometimes lol
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
Rookie

Kbjunior's Arena

OVR: 2
Is there more arenas to chose from or is there just one in blacktop..hopefully they have more

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »