Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

I'm by no means a huge racing fan, but I definitely have enjoyed this demo, especially the Rivals feature. It's made the game go from something I was merely keeping an eye on to something that I'll likely pick up by Christmas at the latest.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
meh.

I haven't played the Forza series since Forza 2, and it seemed like the game played almost exactly like the old one. I'm not one for detail and realism in racing games, but to a casual race fan, I wouldn't pay $60 for the gameplay that the demo delivered.

Call me an arcade racer if you want, but my fav is still Need For Speed Shift, when it comes to these kind of games.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14

Just did a few laps in all the cars...

It was a pleasure to drive all three cars in quick race, Cougar, Subaru, and the 599.

This is probably already known, but a workaround to turn off the background music is to play music from your library and pause it. It effectively kills the in-game music so you can enjoy the engine sounds.

Only minus I have with the demo is no replay mode and no listing of each lap time.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32
Oh this game... This beautiful game! Turn 10 if you are listening don't change a thing. This game plays buttersmooth. How they were able to manage such great visuals and this frame rate is beyond me, but that is what these guys do; they set the bar higher with each release.

The sounds in this demo are incredible. From the tire squeals to the various engines.. spot on. I think I get what Turn 10 was trying to do with the collision sounds as they sound to me as if they would from the inside of the car. This is a demo so there is a chance the final product may expand on the sound set quite a bit.

This game screams Shift 2 from many aspects. The sense of speed is very much as it was in Shift. This game is fast! I love it!

The AI is better but not perfect. I would like to see them not crowd the line so much when I clearly have it. I also see some questionable braking in the turns. I would like to see them take some risks.

I absolutely love it that I have not placed first in a single race, granted, I jumped right into the hardest difficulty and simulation steering.

I am hating Turn 10 because this game is going to consume many hours of my life. Thank goodness I have no girlfriend at the present.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #21
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

This game is so smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 33
Very sleak, right from the opening menus through to the game itself. Shame there are no replays in the demo though. Certain first day buy.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #23
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I am not a driving game gamer. Meaning I do not own a race wheel and i do not have a favorite racer of all time(minus f zero gx)

I've played EVERY racing game there has been this gen including Forza 3 etc.

I downloaded this demo NOT expecting much BUT based off of trailers and early developer videos it looked extremely promising.

I went through all of this years racers like water tyring to fnd the right one and having a ps3 and 360 i was able to check out all of this years offering.

My decision to say that GT5 was the best out of all the choices this year i felt was accurate.

Then I play this...

Are you kidding me? how this game doesn't go down as the most realistic and accurate racer ever developed then i do not know what to say?

The demo is ONE course. but you don't PLAY the course like in so many OTHER games... YOU PLAY THE CAR

Something i have never felt a racing game to have given me.

This is a STUNNING game....Now let me get that wheel cuz the cockpit view is PERFECT!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #24
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

+rivals seems like a cool addition
+can now free look in garage and WOW the cars looks photo realistic
+in car view is so so much better
+handling feels a touch better
+lighting is much improved (much more realistic look vs the old which tended to give the cars a somewhat cell shaded)
+engines sound great
+can feel the tires better

-wtf is up with auto rev'ing still
-in game music (I get they want to appeal to arcade racers but how about a toggle)
-crashes/damage appears mostly unchanged although maybe more damage is implied it is hard to make it catastrophic and it always looks like a paint scratch.
- is that really the game menu (4 panels?)
-pit stops unchanged; no crew, engine repaired in 2 second but still red body damage remains.

Like Forza 2 and 3, Forza 4 looks to be a great game with some solid tweaks but far from an evolution of the series. By my count we are only up to Forza2.5

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »