Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Pretty good demo -- I'll probably be picking it up. And while Forza 4's graphics are very good, they still have a "fakeness" about them that keeps it from being photo-realistic. If you look at the screenshots that were released, they look much more photo-realistic than what it looks like in-gam. The same was true of Forza 3, and I believe it was said that the screenshots weren't just screen dumps of in-game play, but were post-rendered somehow.

Just in terms of graphics, GT5 is definitely better and much more photo-realistic. Gameplay on the other hand...that's a different story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #26
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Just finished some races and played with the Zonda C in rivals mode:

+ The car sounds seem to be much improved. The 458 especially really caught my attention. The shifts, revs, everything is miles better than they ever were in Forza 3.

+ The new tire data is amazing. I play with everything turned off (except for braking line) and the very first turn I made my car lost grip immediately. In Forza 3, you car was predictable, but in this Forza 4 with this new tire data, it makes sim racing much better. I can also tell this game is going to be amazing for those whole like to drift! I'm not much of a drifter though.

+ As others have stated, menus are very sleek and clean looking.

+ I absolutely love how the pushed the in car camera view back a bit. I can now see out of my rear view mirror. I also like the little refinements they made to the hands and the way the steering wheel turns. The dash and interior look top notch as well.

+ The car sounds in general are amazing.

+ The in game audio actually has some decent music to listen to while driving. I'll turn it off in the full game as I like to hear the sound of my engine, but they're miles better than Forza 3's in game music...

I might post a video of a few laps from rivals mode using the Zonda C, I got some pretty good lap times.

Overall, I cannot wait for this game to drop!

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 10-05-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #27
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Anyone not happy with a game like this i don't know what they'll be happy with %^&*( i
In 1080p this game is beautifully realistic and the cars look better than GT5 I Can agree that Forza 3 looked kinda "sketch" but not this.
Lighting
DAMAGE!(just for fun I went on and tried wrecking some cars i know very unsim like of me, but it was very impressive)

The cockpit view looks BETTER than both NEED For Speed shift 2 AND GT5 . It just is positioned perfectly. I felt finally like I WAS driving these cars...

Car contrl is suberb as well. It's like a mix between GT5 AND Dirt3. And thats a BIG compliment because both of those game combined make the perfect combo, because of their strengths and thats what Forza 4 has those games strengths

Didn't think Turn 10 could turn their series around. Racing game have been LACKLUSTER lately and have become common fodder. good to see Forza 4 break free from that stigmata.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

Great demo. Graphics are improved over previous Forza’s, however watching the cars in action after the race, GT has a slight edge when viewing the cars. Forza has the edge in everything else though, such as:

Sound
In-cockpit frame of reference view
Sense of speed
AI
With no assists and simulation steering, physics feel more like the cars can break loose if you’re not careful
Even the different cars seem to have distinctive feels to them, moreso than GT5.

The above, coupled with the fact that every car will have a modeled interior, leads me to believe I’ll end up enjoying this one a tad more than I did GT5.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #29
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Just did a few laps in all the cars...

It was a pleasure to drive all three cars in quick race, Cougar, Subaru, and the 599.

This is probably already known, but a workaround to turn off the background music is to play music from your library and pause it. It effectively kills the in-game music so you can enjoy the engine sounds.

Only minus I have with the demo is no replay mode and no listing of each lap time.
Hey there are three other cars to drive in here........its a time trial thing. I like the controls on realistic steering even with my controller. Is the steering wheel worth getting or does it make that big a difference?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #30
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Hey there are three other cars to drive in here........its a time trial thing. I like the controls on realistic steering even with my controller. Is the steering wheel worth getting or does it make that big a difference?
I have a wheel, but it drives so nicely with a controller, why bother hooking it up.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #31
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I have a wheel, but it drives so nicely with a controller, why bother hooking it up.
Because you now how satisfying it is to take turns with the wheel and force feedback system.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #32
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Because you now how satisfying it is to take turns with the wheel and force feedback system.
Normally I would agree with this 100%, as I use my wheel for iRacing and every other racing game....on the PS3/PC. My PS3 and PC are in my office, so it's easy to have all that stuff hooked up. My 360 is out in my living room, and trying to hook the wheel up is a pain...so I shall sacrifice that feeling, for the pure simplicity of sitting on my couch and just racing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »