Home

NBA 2K12 Video - Strategy Session 4: Shooting Slider Adjustments (Da_Czar)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video - Strategy Session 4: Shooting Slider Adjustments (Da_Czar) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - Strategy Session 4: Shooting Slider Adjustments (Da_Czar)

All I do is change shooting sliders to 48 for mid range and 3p for BOTH user and cpu, and no other changes needed, play perfectly!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Last year the default Simulation sliders had 3-pt. shooting @ 45 for the User and CPU. People complained about not being able to hit any 3's with the slider @ 45, so most bumped it up to 48-50 (CPU's went as high as 52 in some cases) to produce better results.

It would appear 2K factored in those complaints from last year's release and tweaked its ratings and slider scale for this year, which is why we have a higher value for the 3-pt. slider. A simple bump down 1-3 clicks for both sides (if you are making too many) should do the trick.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Am I the only one who feels that we may not need any slider tweaks? I'm getting healthy 3pt percentages and I'm seeing wide open threes being knocked down while also seeing some missed, nothing out of the ordinary. I hope they dont tune the game where we can't hit threes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #12
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You don't need a slider it's all in your coach profile. put help defense to 0 and pressure up high. I am working on a video for that but that is ALL coach settings.
Your right Czar, I don't know what I was thinking about. I guess I became so dependent on downloading Coach Profiles the last couple of years it slipped my mind. . . I guess it's that old school in me starting to show

I guess I can tweak the Coach Profiles for a few teams until something better get's released. Appreciate the tip brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Personally, I haven't had any issues defending the paint or penetrating when space is available. It's all about evaluating the defense and offense and reacting accordingly. As long as you keep the contact sliders at 50, you should have no trouble beating guys off the dribble.
I was only getting to the basket a couple times a game by taken what I was given by the defense. I plan on raising the contact sliders as my iso skills improve once again. Thanks for the tips, their both working out pretty good so far.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaC_KiNg09
Am I the only one who feels that we may not need any slider tweaks? I'm getting healthy 3pt percentages and I'm seeing wide open threes being knocked down while also seeing some missed, nothing out of the ordinary. I hope they dont tune the game where we can't hit threes.
how often do you play with other users that know the game well? It can be an eye opener when you thought your game was so realistic offline only to have a player zig-zag into shots, hit contested threes and turn scrubs into all-stars.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Interesting thanks! But IMPORTANT QUESTION. I realize that when two users/humans are playing the sliders gets labeled as Home an Away settings. Why is that? Does each User get there own sliders? I always wondered if that is the case, but then if you save the sliders (or they auto-save) the home sliders will save/over-write the User sliders, and Away sliders will do the same for the CPU sliders.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #15
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessin
Interesting thanks! But IMPORTANT QUESTION. I realize that when two users/humans are playing the sliders gets labeled as Home an Away settings. Why is that? Does each User get there own sliders? I always wondered if that is the case, but then if you save the sliders (or they auto-save) the home sliders will save/over-write the User sliders, and Away sliders will do the same for the CPU sliders.
yeah i noticed that a few years ago. which is why i always create 2 different slider sets. one for me vs the CPU and one for User vs User matches.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
All I do is change shooting sliders to 48 for mid range and 3p for BOTH user and cpu, and no other changes needed, play perfectly!
this. in fact I put it at 49 for both just because I find the cpu struggles a bit on Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »