Home

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Review (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Review (360) within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Review (360)

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is the second JAM title from EA Sports since the comeback of this historic arcade title. JAM has the razzle-dazzle of current generation graphics with the simple gameplay enhancements to the classic game.

JAM: OFE fuses the best of NBA All-Star weekend and throws it all into four quarters of hoops. In 2011, Black Mamba and his flywire Nikes catch fire off the dish from Magic for an alleyoop – just one of the many dream teams that can be formed with the playable legends in the game.

Read More - NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Review (360)
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I'm thinking about getting this sometime. I downloaded the demo a couple nights ago and liked it pretty well. It's very fun. Dunks are awesome looking plus I always liked arcade NBA games. Not as much as I like Simulation NBA games but the Street series was awesome to me and I used to love NBA on NBC on the N64. For only $15 this looks like a good pick up for me at some point.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Got it day 1 and still playing and loving it. The Call of Duty style rank system keeps me coming back trying to rank up. So much to unlock for 15 bucks, great purchase,
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
This is a must have for old-school arcade fans. I actually HATE basketball. But I LOVE NBA JAM!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
"This title is a must have for basketball fans"

Well then why is it rated only a 7? Some people are just gonna skip to the end of the review see a 7 and go meh nothing special. I think if a game is "must have" it should be at worst an 8.

On the bottom line it says "a lack of depth will keep many from getting full enjoyment out of this title." Then under value it says "this game will always provide entertainment to basketball fans". Make up your mind does it lack depth or will it always provide entertainment.

Last edited by jcmreds; 10-13-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Review (360)

whats different from this and last years nba jam non arcade download game?
Old 10-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Before anyone says new ratings system blah blah here is the definition of a 7 game under the new scoring system.

7.0 - 7.5 (Good) -- These games are pretty good, and while having several notable flaws, they generally play well and are quite fun. They definitely are not great yet, but with a few fixes they could get there. These are solid buys, especially if you like the sport.

I read the review and saw nothing close to "several notable flaws mentioned" in fact there was only one teammate AI, and even that got a positive comment. Now the defintion for an 8/8.5 game sounds exaclty how the review for NBA Jam went.

8.0 - 8.5 (Great) -- These games are really quite good. There are a few notable flaws with the game holding it back from being a classic, but these games are worth the money, and for even casual fans of the sport they are definite purchases.

The comment at the end of the review saying it was a must have for b-ball fans sounds like a defniite purchase to me.

Last edited by jcmreds; 10-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Downloaded the demo on ps3. The game is meh to me. Tim Kitzrow seems forced in trying to be funny, which he really wasn't. Not enough to make me wanna buy this. I'll just stick to the demo when I need a break from 2k12.

Did like the updated graphics, and rosters. Its okay...

One thing that urks me, is one of the reasons EA has a issue when it comes to basketball and I know this is an arcade game. Adding badgers and pandas, is the furthest thing from basketball. It was 1 of the reasons I feel they "don't get it" when it come to just basketball related things people have been asking for for years in Live/Elite like "shortened season 28/56" option thats been on wishlist since 05.

Proiritize and focus on just basketball, then add the fluff later.... .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »