Home

OS Guide to Winning in the Playoffs

This is a discussion on OS Guide to Winning in the Playoffs within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Guide to Winning in the Playoffs

I finally...finally finshed my Yankees first season in my chise. We are in the ALDS vs The Oakland A's.

Great article.

Game one I jumped on them 4-0 behind the strength of a Teixeira 3 run HR in the first inning. Being patient is so important in the post season. Jeter led off with a first pitch blast to left center for a double. Granderson sac him over to third. A-Rod Walked then Mark came up and blasted a 2-1 fastball to center field.

Late in the game in the 8th inning the A's had second and third and 2 out and Godzilla up at the plate. We were up 4-1. I guarded the lines. Low and behold Matsui rips a slider right down the first base line and Teixeira lays out and snags the crucial screamer to end the inning and essentially close the door on game one.

Again great article. Everything you mentioned is crucial to winning in the post season. And I have never even made it to the WS yet in 3 attempts from the SHow 2009.

Hopefully this year it will be different!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Rookie

Pete_Dogg_18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I finally...finally finshed my Yankees first season in my chise. We are in the ALDS vs The Oakland A's.

Great article.

Game one I jumped on them 4-0 behind the strength of a Teixeira 3 run HR in the first inning. Being patient is so important in the post season. Jeter led off with a first pitch blast to left center for a double. Granderson sac him over to third. A-Rod Walked then Mark came up and blasted a 2-1 fastball to center field.

Late in the game in the 8th inning the A's had second and third and 2 out and Godzilla up at the plate. We were up 4-1. I guarded the lines. Low and behold Matsui rips a slider right down the first base line and Teixeira lays out and snags the crucial screamer to end the inning and essentially close the door on game one.

Again great article. Everything you mentioned is crucial to winning in the post season. And I have never even made it to the WS yet in 3 attempts from the SHow 2009.

Hopefully this year it will be different!
Sounds like a ripper of a series, all the best mate...

As for me, besides the shortened rotations and using starters as relievers, i pretty much do everything as this guide states all season long, a very informative guide to those not completely familiar with the intricacies of baseball...
Old 10-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Dogg_18
Sounds like a ripper of a series, all the best mate...

As for me, besides the shortened rotations and using starters as relievers, i pretty much do everything as this guide states all season long, a very informative guide to those not completely familiar with the intricacies of baseball...
Yea I can understand why they play regular season games a little different IRL but in the show, you should just play every game like a postseason game. Only thing you have to manage more is fatigue of the pitchers/players due to the everyday play.

If you apply these tactics during the regular season, you'll just be a better team overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey B
THE SHOW may be the game that I love the most that is also the hardest to win the brass ring. That may be a byproduct of how the sport is played, so many regular season games, so few spots available in the post season. However, I have found over the years SHOW breaks my heart worse than Madden (that game's easy, let's cut the BS) or NBA2K (once you're good you're pretty much unstoppable, right?). I've had leads blown in the 9th by legendary Game Seven home runs, and emotionally shattering plays at the plate too many times to get specific. Baseball is a negative sport, at least the way I sim it.

Tell me about it.

Last night. Game three of the ALDS. Mariano comes in to finsh the game. Two run lead. Lead off walk, single, then Godzilla comes up. Takes a 2-2 cutter deep.

Walk off HR. I was just staring at the screen for a good solid 10 minutes in stoned silence.

Series is now 2-1 Yankees.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »