Home

NBA 2K12 Videos - Strategy Session 5 & 6 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Videos - Strategy Session 5 & 6 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #17
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K12 Videos - Strategy Session 5 & 6 with Da_Czar

Thank you Czar this is great stuff.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Czar, in session 5, what settings and sliders did you use for those tests?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWJERSEYBALLER
After watching the video, I now play with the Shot Quality Feedback On for All Users (so I can see my opponent).

Problem: Kevin Garnett has a 66 Layup rating and I contested him with Brook Lopez. Shot Quality was C for Garnett, Layup Success at 46 on Simulation sliders - however, the ball still goes in?

Lopez has 49 On Ball Defense, but on Sim sliders the On Ball attribute slider is raised to 70, so he is a better defender. Not to mention, Lopez has a 89 Block rating. I timed it perfectly, because it effected Garnett's layup attempt and he was graded a C but still made it?

People are telling me to play defense, well I am - what do I have to do for that Layup to not be successful?
1. C doesn't mean the shot has ZERO chance of going in.

2. On ball slider at 70 on SIM is a joke. It shouldn't be above 50. Because it does exactly what you said, it makes poor defenders solid defenders.

3. See answer #1. I am sure if you went into practice mode, KG wouldn't make that layup that high of a clip. So consider that shot semi-lucky,.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #20
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
1. C doesn't mean the shot has ZERO chance of going in.

2. On ball slider at 70 on SIM is a joke. It shouldn't be above 50. Because it does exactly what you said, it makes poor defenders solid defenders.

3. See answer #1. I am sure if you went into practice mode, KG wouldn't make that layup that high of a clip. So consider that shot semi-lucky,.
About #2, it could also mean poor ballhandlers are less effective. Leading the user to put scorer's in position to score instead of iso/and1 type basketball.

This is what I was saying earlier. If users work on their D, they can have success on that side of the court. Limit open shots, contest ALL shots. Don't let the cpu do everything for u.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Excellent work! Explains a lot and even puts some of my fears and assumptions to rest regarding contested shot effectiveness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #22
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

well these videos are great but still in the end u have to reduce the space the defender use....... they seem too ice like and very hard to stay in front of the ball handler and very easily get out of position

Last edited by kolanji; 10-14-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Czar...I just want you to know that I played a game after watching your videos this morning and I immediately played better defense and shot a lot better.......

Im telling you 2k Devs... your game has some little issues but this game is not broken any where near what these cats are crying about, this game is DEEP!!!....the more video's the Czar does the more enjoyable the game becomes...lol

I love this game for real, the tendencies you find yourself doing in the game feels just about as real as the on court experience, I can't say it enough, when I move my feet I am able to stay with my defensive assignment, sure I get beat but I should if I am out of position, my hands in the face defense is definitely more effective now that I know the STRATEGY behind it's effectiveness.....If I double team and don't rotate to the open man it's a done deal...which most times it should be depending on who I left open......also I did adjust the quickness slider, the 3pt slider and a couple other things, in the coaching adjustment I just switched to auto for plays called, my game play experience has improved up immensely.....

when I do dumb things I get punished for them, when I play smart ball I get rewarded, at first I was having some trouble getting to the basket, this morning I was getting all kinds of cuts and oops to the Hole......

All I can say is that with the combination of training camp, Slider adjustments, Czar's videos and the 2k moves list , seriously this year's version is the first time in a long time, that I have felt that if I play smart ball I can win any game, do I win?... some not all, but atleast I felt like I had a chance and the games I lose I can easily recall the things I could have done different...(all you can ask for right?...)

It's all good...!!

Last edited by jlbrown143; 10-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #24
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Nice work Czar. Still think the design that hands up is less likely to prevent a shot to go in then pressing LT is silly....i don't care what your shoot in traffic rating is. Also in the 2nd video, when you finally get an F from dirk, his release was late.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »