Home

FIFA 12 Title Update Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Title Update Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 12 Title Update Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

The FIFA 12 title update is available now, please post your impressions here. Below are some of the FIFA 12 title update details.
  • Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches.
  • Fixed a situation that would see the user in an empty FUT Store without button functionality.
  • Fixed a FUT crash when using custom tactics.
  • Fixed a hard lock that would occur when applying a Manager Contract after purchasing a Bronze Premium Pack in FUT.
  • Fixed a situation that would see some users being disconnected from FUT after five seconds of connectivity.
  • We have optimized the FUT server to speed up transactions.
  • Fixed a situation where the game would hang when downloading a Game Face.
  • Fixed a situation that would allow an online team to be controlled by other player.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any news on the PS3 update???

So.. online only and nothing for offline.

Hmm, we need to get vocal and bitch more me thinks :P
Old 10-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 12 Title Update Available Now For PS3, Later Today For 360 Post Impressions

Here is the full post from the EA Forums:

Quote:
As you know, the teams at the studio have been working hard to address issues raised by the community since the launch of FIFA 12. A number of updates have already been rolled out to servers, and that will continue –as will work on a range of things not included in this particular update -but we can now bring you details of a new client-side game update for PS3 and Xbox 360.

First of all, thank you for your patience while we have worked on this, and thanks again to all those who have helped us out as we investigated the roots of some of the problems.

When will it arrive?

The patch is now live on PS3 in the EU and North America. The update will become available on Xbox 360 between 11am and 2pm GMT today (18 October).

What’s in the update?

• Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches.
  • Fixed a situation that would see the user in an empty FUT Store without button functionality.
  • Fixed a FUT crash when using custom tactics.
  • Fixed a hard lock that would occur when applying a Manager Contract after purchasing a Bronze Premium Pack in FUT.
  • Fixed a situation that would see some users being disconnected from FUT after five seconds of connectivity.
  • We have optimized the FUT server to speed up transactions.
  • Fixed a situation where the game would hang when downloading a Game Face.
  • Fixed a situation that would allow an online team to be controlled by other player.

Once again thank you for your continued patience while waiting for this patch and for the ones we will be releasing in the future. While we know this patch may not contain everything you wish to be addressed, it is a good start. And with your continued support we will be addressing more issues as soon as we can.

The GK control issue was huge over at the EA forums, with most wanting it removed. The others are mostly stability fixes, which is rather standard for a first update. I take some solace in the last paragraph. Although the stuff we want to see addressed doesn't get as much attention on their forums, at least from what I can see in my limited time there.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by laijka
So.. online only and nothing for offline.

Hmm, we need to get vocal and bitch more me thinks :P
Yeah, in reading the EA forums a little, that crowd is very much focused on exploits/cheesing/disconnects/etc... all very online related. I obviously don't have encyclopedic knowledge of their boards, but I don't recall seeing any huge threads on fouls/ref logic. Doesn't mean the discussion isn't there, but I haven't seen it in the first few pages any time I visited.

Last edited by Qb; 10-18-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: FIFA 12 Title Update Available Now For PS3, Later Today For 360; Discuss Here

No update to fouls in this patch? Bummer.

Maybe (hopefully) in the next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yeah, in reading the EA forums a little, that crowd is very much focused on exploits/cheesing/disconnects/etc... all very online related. I obviously don't have encyclopedic knowledge of their boards, but I don't recall seeing any huge threads on fouls/ref logic. Doesn't mean the discussion isn't there, but I haven't seen it in the first few pages any time I visited.
Yea, they tend to drown in the quadrillion threads made by kids about how this game sucks, how much EA sucks and the countless threads about dc.

(Also just want to say before someone gets in to a fit about it, that I in no way(by this post or my earlier) mean to say that all online players are whiny children or that online issues aren't important)
Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by laijka
(Also just want to say before someone gets in to a fit about it, that I in no way(by this post or my earlier) mean to say that all online players are whiny children or that online issues aren't important)
Ha-ha! Love the disclaimer, especially the squinty font.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I still have a good feeling that EA will at some point address the referee logic, as they've said they realize it needs to be tweaked. As Qb said, this stuff is fairly standard for a first patch and usually we get a November patch and they don't even tell us what if fixes. They at least never give us a list.

So, this is a huge and welcome change this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »