Home

FIFA 12 Title Update Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Title Update Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Any news on the PS3 update???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yeah, in reading the EA forums a little, that crowd is very much focused on exploits/cheesing/disconnects/etc... all very online related. I obviously don't have encyclopedic knowledge of their boards, but I don't recall seeing any huge threads on fouls/ref logic. Doesn't mean the discussion isn't there, but I haven't seen it in the first few pages any time I visited.
Those threads, if any are buried in the countless number of threads about cheesers, rankings, and "tactical defending sucks". They must have the worst mods in forum history.

As I've mentioned probably several hundred times over the last 4 years, thus game has been and always will be catered towards the online casual player. Those are the first priorities. The offline experience in this game isn't going to change until someone of signifigance has the b*** to blast this annually overrated game in a review/preview/score. That's the only thing that will get their attention because this game will always sell. It's the most popular sport on the planet, you have the EA marketing budget, licenses, and pretty graphics=$$$$.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Those threads, if any are buried in the countless number of threads about cheesers, rankings, and "tactical defending sucks". They must have the worst mods in forum history.
You should see the NHL forum. And I can only imagine what state the NCAA board was/is in.

Sadly you are correct in that offline isn't the priority any more :/
Old 10-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
The offline experience in this game isn't going to change...
Can you say "sliders"? They change the offline game significantly. Best FIFA experience I've ever had, all a result of the devs adding sliders this year (plus I'm using Fidel's incredible gameplay mod).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I agree, peigone, with sliders I'm enjoying offline FIFA for the first time in a long time. Too bad they didn't include some sort of foul sensitivity slider.

I think the foul logic is far too black & white... if the ball is touched, no foul, regardless of how much or what type of body contact occurs. I had a cpu defender lunge into my players legs from behind, which resulted in an ugly (in a good way) collision. No foul was called, so I watched the replay as slowly as possible. He clipped the ball ever so slightly as he took my legs out.

I understand contact after winning the ball is legal, but you can't go through the player to win the ball. I'm sure it's a difficult thing to reproduce in code, but with the impact engine being able to calculate all those individual points of contact -- as they proudly touted over the summer -- surely it can be deeper than any contact with ball equals no foul.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I agree, peigone, with sliders I'm enjoying offline FIFA for the first time in a long time. Too bad they didn't include some sort of foul sensitivity slider.

I think the foul logic is far too black & white... if the ball is touched, no foul, regardless of how much or what type of body contact occurs. I had a cpu defender lunge into my players legs from behind, which resulted in an ugly (in a good way) collision. No foul was called, so I watched the replay as slowly as possible. He clipped the ball ever so slightly as he took my legs out.

I understand contact after winning the ball is legal, but you can't go through the player to win the ball. I'm sure it's a difficult thing to reproduce in code, but with the impact engine being able to calculate all those individual points of contact -- as they proudly touted over the summer -- surely it can be deeper than any contact with ball equals no foul.
This. While I also agree that sliders are a huge improvement and addition to the game, the fact that the first patch is solely aimed at online issues almost feels insulting. Especially as we have the above foul logic, the vanishing prospects (unless you use the workaround) and the somewhat dodgy tradelogic staring in our faces.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Can you say "sliders"? They change the offline game significantly. Best FIFA experience I've ever had, all a result of the devs adding sliders this year (plus I'm using Fidel's incredible gameplay mod).
Sounds like you're playing the PC version. I can't comment on game play mods for FIFA 12 PC, but I I am a legacy PC player and the mods were incredible for FIFA 05-07. They were so good that comparing PC game play to that of consoles was like comparing apples and oranges. There was none. I just don't feel like dealing with those things anymore.

From a game play perspective FIFA 12 is the best to date. The sliders do help, but the point of my post is that the online/tournament player/FUT will always get first priority when it comes to fixing issues.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
I'm downloaded Fidel's mod. I'm not sure if it's running, as I never ran the actual program in my folder. I did get a Origin update when I turned it on today. (I've been on a major NBA2k binge...) All that said, I just played the best game of Fifa I've ever played. Whether it was that the Fidel mod ran by itself or that the update changed something, it was awesome. But I'm thinking Fifa did some secret tweaking. I noticed the ball physics are even better, more free. I don't know what fixed what, mod or patch, but I've found the perfect Fifa experience. Gonna have to tape some proof!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm downloaded Fidel's mod. I'm not sure if it's running, as I never ran the actual program in my folder. I did get a Origin update when I turned it on today. (I've been on a major NBA2k binge...) All that said, I just played the best game of Fifa I've ever played. Whether it was that the Fidel mod ran by itself or that the update changed something, it was awesome. But I'm thinking Fifa did some secret tweaking. I noticed the ball physics are even better, more free. I don't know what fixed what, mod or patch, but I've found the perfect Fifa experience. Gonna have to tape some proof!
I'm in agreeance with you Brian, it feels like something changed. I won 2 games tonight for the 1st time and I was able to move the ball around more than usual. Still learning the game but I can tell when something changes, I doubt EA will admit it but something is different in a good way

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »