Home

Need for Speed The Run Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Need for Speed The Run Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Thought it was terrible. Didn't even finish the race and deleted it. NFS is dead to me after the continued releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-19-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Need for Speed The Run Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyD
Yeah, sort of. Split/Second seems less chaotic from what I remember. I guess if a Bond game had an extended racing mission (minus the weapons) it would be this. Are you able to try the demo, goh? I would like to hear what you think.

Anyways, I put more time into the demo and notice the game is more controllable when in the hood or bumper view, where the camera isn't moving on its own.
Nope. No PC demo and have to wait a week on XBL. Though this is exactly part of what's wrong with that. Everyone says it's terrible and now I'm not looking forward to it anymore after wanting the shoes and being ready to pre-order it. Of the 6 possible games next month this was already 5th so these impressions haven't helped anything and when I do get the demo I'll be going in looking for all these things wrong with it.

Heard the Lambo is like entirely undrivable and there's constant framerate/graphical problems at least on the 360. I watched the video kotaku put up yesterday and it certianly didn't look anywhere near what I thought it did so that had me questioning it already. It's possible all the previous showings were the PC version though so it'd at least look the part. Though reports of terrible controls don't help. From watching some vids it looks like the car isn't even attached to the road.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
That's quite a bit of negativity. So folks this is nothing like last year's Hot Pursuit then?

I am trying to stay positive as I love open ended racing games and hope that its just a poor demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I loved the idea of a race across the United States. I love the old NFS idea of racing down long winding roads.

Thought the demo was average. I am not sure what engine they used but it seems to look a lot worse than other NFS games. I think they apply some kind of film grain filter to the image because it does not look very crisp.

Racing was ok but for the record can I say the world has moved on and arcade racers with their overy simplistic handling need to grow up. I think gamers can handle an arcade racer that has a little more substance to its physics. PGR did just fine with the casual crowd and don't rememeber anyone complaining that it didn't feel like steering a brick on a stick.

I don't see the 'story' generating any interest in the racing. Counting opponents you pass down from 100 so you can be #1 when you get to NY just doesn't seem like it lends itself to a good story. All it does it add annoying cut scenes that stop me from jumping right into the race. I am not saying a story can't be done in a racing game. It just doesn't seem like this one is going to do anything to add to the game. In fact, I am a bit leary about'out of the car' sequences and hope at the very least they don't feel tacked on.

All in all nothing to get excited for. There are times when I am driving the fantasy tracks in Forza 4 when I think how great it would be if T10 took a crack at making a NFS game.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
That's quite a bit of negativity. So folks this is nothing like last year's Hot Pursuit then?

I am trying to stay positive as I love open ended racing games and hope that its just a poor demo.
Apparently not. One of the videos I watched described it as "awkward" compare to HP. Pretty much everyone says HP and Most Wanted are better. That reminds me I never finished MW.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
They REALLY need to go back to their roots. (a.k.a. Underground and Most Wanted)

Lets be honest:
Carbon
Pro Street
Undercover

Were all terrible!!! I actually liked Carbon on PS2, it just flat out sucked on Next-Gen.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
They REALLY need to go back to their roots. (a.k.a. Underground and Most Wanted)

Lets be honest:
Carbon
Pro Street
Undercover

Were all terrible!!! I actually liked Carbon on PS2, it just flat out sucked on Next-Gen.
I would say that the roots of the NFS games were the games made in the 90's. Last year's Hot Pursuit was really close to capturing that feel of the earlier games ... But I hear ya, Most Wanted was a pretty fun game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #16
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Overall, the game is just bad!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »