Home

Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 7 Details, Available Now (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 7 Details, Available Now (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #17
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 7 Details, Available Now (360, PS3)

Are roster updates free for XBOX live silver member now? I know they weren't when the game came out.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 7 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman5607
You clearly don't understand the concept of football.
I played QB in High school for a passing offens and lost in the championship game. My son is a two time champ for the keystone league that im a assistant coach for. I understand the fundamentals of the game all to well buddy!

What I'm saying is the ratings increase in relation to the surrounding players. If the niners are first against the run, is it Justin smith all of a sudden playing lights out that he should get nearly a 99, or should the D line as whole be given a bump for the pressure they get and holes they stuff. We had Justin Smith for years dude. Fangio and the better play of ray mac with the addition of a real pass rusher in Aldon Smith is what is making this defense what it is. We've added to the pieces we already had. Bowman allowed the niners to say bye to T. Spikes. One game at the end of last year he had like 18 tackles. Justin smith was in the game when takeo was in and he didnt help him get a 18 tackle game. It was the ability of the player in unison with the veteran players around him that allows Bowman to shine.
If thats the case, since the 9ers had two awesome rushing games give Gore a 99 rating. Increase Hunter to a 85.
What happened was the offensive line got lowered in this update.
So don't effin tell me Justin Smith got raised becuase he helped our secondary play better pass coverage. It was a random Donny Moore:"oh ok the niners won again, I didnt see the game or even care how, so I will just raise his rating because I'm familiar with him" situation.
All I'm saying is if Gore is running wild I would look at the O line blocking because he damn sure aint blocking for himself.

To my fellow niner fan, Megatron had his quietest game of the year. I saw the whole game. I'm am sure Nate Clements would've been burned that game! Culliver is fast and is not a small dude. He was on Calvin a lot because of his athletic ability. As much as we wanted Taylor Mayes to work out, we played last year without a competent strong safety. (always out of position)

Last edited by grob23lbj; 10-21-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 37
Brandon Spikes is back at 80 overall but with the way he played against the cowboys I'm surprised it's not around 82 bc he stopped a td and destroyed the cowboys run game on the last drive they had. Albert Hanyesworth surprised he hasn't gotten boost bc he's finally playing well. Glad to see Carson Palmer back and will be fun using the raiders now, and wonder who will sign TO now bc might be a raider soon too.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23lbj
I never complain about this. But wow. Im a niners fan. The team blew out the Bucs who beat the Saints. Gave Detroit their only loss and was the only team to hold Megatron scoreless this year! Rush for more than 200 yds for two nearly three games but yet, the o line is rated worst for the third week in a row. NaVorro Bowman is like 5th in the league in tackles, Aldon smith is 5th in sacks but he keep giving Justin Smith the ratings boost. LOL what the hell J smith have to do with what these guys in the secondary and at linebacker are doing.
Then he goes and give Kyle boller a increase just for entering the games. LOL Gives andre carter a three point increase because he watched the game and carter got a half sack. LOL
Oh yeah we are 5-1 with the only lost coming in overtime to the Cowgirls. I think he's butt hurt cause we beat the living (beep) out his Bucs!

You do realize the wk your 9ers smashed my bucs you got 12 total player increases right???

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/we...update-details
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/10/13...date-7-details

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 10-21-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
You do realize the wk your 9ers smashed my bucs you got 12 total player increases right???

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/we...update-details
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/10/13...date-7-details
Ea realize they had them far to low to begin with. The only team on our schedule so far (seahawks) got just as much of in increase. I got that from your link! I don't consider them all that good. We beat the lions away, bengles who are 4-2 away, eagles away, Only loss is to Dallas in overtime. I consider those quality wins. And we smashed the Bucs who beat the saints. Another quality win. We ran on all of them. But the O line gets worst almost with every update. I do think our D line are overachievers. I'd take our line backing core over any in this League or any other league if one existed!

When we face Baltimore I see us 8-2 possibly 8-3. If we lose to Baltimore our o line will be 2 80 rated players and low 70 or high 60 players across the line at the rate this is going. That's laughable! Look, if you or donny or anybody else at ea think the O line can't pass block then fine. But we all see how they run block and that shouldn't take their rating down 2 or 3 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hey I'm new to this could someone explain how to apply these updates using a flashdrive ? Or if that's possible
Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #23
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23lbj
Ea realize they had them far to low to begin with. The only team on our schedule so far (seahawks) got just as much of in increase. I got that from your link! I don't consider them all that good. We beat the lions away, bengles who are 4-2 away, eagles away, Only loss is to Dallas in overtime. I consider those quality wins. And we smashed the Bucs who beat the saints. Another quality win. We ran on all of them. But the O line gets worst almost with every update. I do think our D line are overachievers. I'd take our line backing core over any in this League or any other league if one existed!

When we face Baltimore I see us 8-2 possibly 8-3. If we lose to Baltimore our o line will be 2 80 rated players and low 70 or high 60 players across the line at the rate this is going. That's laughable! Look, if you or donny or anybody else at ea think the O line can't pass block then fine. But we all see how they run block and that shouldn't take their rating down 2 or 3 points.

Whatever dude i just think its stupid that your complaining after a 12 player increase the week before...but as i say so often "it is what it is"
Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 7 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
I am also a die hard Niners fan, as well as a fan of football. I watch every single game each week, unless it is completely ungettable.

The Niners are doing great. A lot of it is scheme. A lot of it is individual effort.
The reason the Niners secondary however, was able to shut down Johnson, if 7 catches for 113 yards is shutting someone down, is because the front of the Niners is getting pressure with 5, 4 and sometimes even 3 guys. That isn't supposed to happen in a 3-4 defense and it is allowing the Niners to roll coverages to the best receivers on the field and allowing Willis to roam and cover at will. They are also shutting down the run with that same front.

If anyone deserves the ratings increase, it is the Niners front 3 of Smith, Sopoaga and McDonald and their back ups, Francois, Dobbs and Tukufu. Bowman is playing lights out for sure, but when three guys are occupying 5, 6 and even 7 blockers, it makes it pretty damn easy.

The same goes for the secondary. If you don't have to worry about the run, and don't have a QB that has all day, it makes your job a hell of a lot easier in the defensive backfield.

As for Andre Carter, he is having a resurgence in the New England defense. His boost is justified.
Born a Niners fan and migrated too far to follow, they have some really great stuff going on. Smith and Sopoaga are amazing players, but the real wildcard is Bowman. That cat is flying around and doing the things that started getting Willis's name called every other play. When you have *inside* guys that play with that kind of speed, you can do impressive things. It makes their job in the secondary MUCH easier, I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »