Home

NHL 12 Tuner Update v1.02 Released, Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Tuner Update v1.02 Released, Details Included within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NHL 12 Tuner Update v1.02 Released, Details Included

I'll admit, guys... I'm a bit surprised by the kindly put negative feedback on this game. No one here is trying to be mean about it, but this title is going downhill. Why do I feel like we have some smart people here who watch a lot of hockey and understand the concepts we want to see from a real game incorporated into this title, yet EA never seems to see it that way?... It's a shame...
Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'll admit, guys... I'm a bit surprised by the kindly put negative feedback on this game. No one here is trying to be mean about it, but this title is going downhill. Why do I feel like we have some smart people here who watch a lot of hockey and understand the concepts we want to see from a real game incorporated into this title, yet EA never seems to see it that way?... It's a shame...
The game will never be what the hardcore fans want it to be and if that's what anyone's hoping for, you might as well stop playing now. It will always be a balancing act between realism and arcadish. I'm not disapointed in NHL 12 really. It's too much like the previous games, which for the most part I have enjoyed enough to get my moneys worth at least.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #19
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
bc im not sure those guys even watch hockey and take notes on what they can make better etc. you never see any blogs showing real clips and then how it works in their game etc. they never comment on nothing from an actual nhl game!! heck, they havent commented on anything really for a long while now.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I only play 1v1 online and the game is not that fun for me this year. I havent played in a week just kind of waiting on a tuner set and this is what they come up with? Pretty disappointing.

I want to see more loose pucks. The stick lift is still comedic and checking will rarely seperate the puck from the puck carrier. If the attacker doesn't get hit to the ice he will keep the puck on his stick.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #21
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Well somebody at the community day supplied them with a bunch of BS for testing and "tuning advice".

I was told by a developer(EA forum), that people were complaining about the passing last year,so the pass reception ease IS jacked up in NHL12. Jacked up so high the sliders won`t allow for a more looser passing game.
Blistering passes to guys 4 feet away are recieved like butter.
Total NOOBFEST!
So I`m sure puck control is jacked up higher than last year too.

I asked them for a big reduction in pass reception ease and puck control

It`s why online is garbage too.With all the 99 attributes the game doesn`t know WTF to do.

Christ,.....the NHL part of the game doesn`t even use players with 99 everything as the tuning for every player,....if it did,it would play like the online garbage does too.

If you have a FPS and everyone has a cloak of invisibility and is in GOD mode,.....just WTF is the point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #22
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
bc im not sure those guys even watch hockey and take notes on what they can make better etc. you never see any blogs showing real clips and then how it works in their game etc. they never comment on nothing from an actual nhl game!! heck, they havent commented on anything really for a long while now.
This may be the single most confusing post you have made, and that may be saying a good bit.

So, because they haven't gone all Shanahan for you, they don't know what they are talking about?

Your trolling has been amusing up until this point, because you normally at least attempt to back your statements up with something resembling evidence. Please do not continue this line of thinking on these forums, as it is not appreciated, or tolerated.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10
C'mon EA how bout some love for the offline guys with these tuner sets?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #24
Banned

rangersfan30's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
C'mon EA how bout some love for the offline guys with these tuner sets?
I think the proof is in the pudding about what they think of us offline guys. We have been shafted for years so they can put out EASHL, BAP and then HUT, the laughable thing is those modes are a joke and people still aren't happy with them.

This year i really had doubts about whether to get the game but i caved and i have to say its a bit of a half arsed effort from EA, Is it a coincidence that now there are no competitors in the Hockey gaming market EA have let things slip? who knows but what i do know is that they released a game that was a bugfest and was freezing like a bitch for a lot of consumers. It just isn't good enough in fact its pretty ****ing cheeky if you ask me. To release a game with this many issues and still expect people to pay extra for dlc is a joke.

I really cant see myself playing this until it is patched. Like the past 3 years when i first started playing i though it was great but then as time wears on the old problems rear their ugly head.

Why do the same issues remain for years on end?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »