Home

NBA 2K12 Works Overtime With Online Issues, My Crew Not Gone Forever

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Works Overtime With Online Issues, My Crew Not Gone Forever within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NBA 2K12 Works Overtime With Online Issues, My Crew Not Gone Forever

Kotaku's Owen Good has posted an article discussing the ongoing NBA 2K12 online issues with Jeff Thomas, the director of development at Visual Concepts.

MrPurple0 gets a shoutout, as well.

Quote:
Approaching Kotaku to talk about the online problems, the key thing Thomas wanted to get off his chest was that the game's development team and community managers were not, as MrPurple0 alleged, ignoring the customer, sitting in a little room counting money and doing nothing.

"We're not ignoring this," he says firmly. "We are listening. We are reaching out. We've had guys on the team send [direct messages] to people asking 'Hey, can you tell me what you saw there.' We want to know of all these problems and make sure this is not something that tarnishes our game."

"We love My Crew," Thomas said. "But it's one of the more complicated features to put online. If we wanted to have a game this year, we needed to keep the feature set tight and small. When you get involved with Crews, there's a whole thing with data exchanging that gets involved."

My Crew was the online experience in NBA 2K11 where gamers took their created player from the "My Player" career mode, formed up teams and, in an environment supporting 10-player multiplayer, ran some ball. It was like having a regular rec league game, except online (and with guys who had mad skills).

Though Thomas cannot promise anything, he also sincerely did not rule out My Crew's return in future editions, attributing its absence in NBA 2K12 solely to the new codebase.

Read the entire article, right here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS

Last edited by Jangle Leg; 10-28-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Kotaku's article on 2k12 online problems

No word of lack of editing ability in Online Association = useless article
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

They should have been more up front about this from the get go, and let people know that there were changes to the online infrastructure that meant losing a lot of features, such as Crew and Sliders for OA I guess. 2K tried to have their cake and eat it too, and it might end up biting them judging by how p.o'ed the customer base is now.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
They should have been more up front about this from the get go, and let people know that there were changes to the online infrastructure that meant losing a lot of features, such as Crew and Sliders for OA I guess. 2K tried to have their cake and eat it too, and it might end up biting them judging by how p.o'ed the customer base is now.

When will they learn that you can't have your cake and eat it also.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Canquain's Arena

OVR: 4

It's time to make that DLC free 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
I don't believe one word of what they say because the issues are the same. If they completely re wrote code there would be different issues all together. They also stated that they re wrote code last year. As a consumer I only see end results, and from what I saw and seeing, the same issues are there.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
How is that, they tried to so something in a year that should have taken at lease 2 then they give us a patch 9 days later, yeah 2k owes us, some of you need to grow up, every modern game offers DLC and somehow 2k is trying to screw us.

Last edited by coolcras7; 10-28-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
Banned

a2ndrgmaster's Arena

OVR: 9
was it that hard to tell us crew has been axed from 2k12 before u guys release it? could of saved my self $60

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »