Home

NHL 12 Patch 1.03 Details, Available Now For PS3, Nov. 1 For 360

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Patch 1.03 Details, Available Now For PS3, Nov. 1 For 360 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 1.03 patch out.

Played a game on the road in my Jets Be A GM and everything looks fine with the road unis. Playing a home game against Ottawa right now though and that's where the black gloves and helmet issue is, plus the bottom stripes on the jerseys are incorrect as well. Instead of the white stripe in between the two light blue stripes, it's currently a dark blue stripe. Back to the black gloves/helmets, they're not too noticeable when you're playing because the blue of the Jets' jerseys is a dark blue but obviously in close ups it's easily noticeable. I know the Capitals had this same helmet color problem in NHL 10 or 11 and it was fixed in a roster update, so hopefully that will be the case here.

BTW this patch had to have done more than add the logo and jerseys for St. John's and the jerseys for the Jets. The reason I say that is because pre-patch on faceoffs if you tied up the opposing center, your teammates would never come in to get the puck, but now I see them doing it all the time, which is a big relief for me.

I tried checking if the strategies you set for your team in the Be A GM menus save and carry over to the games you play like they should but that's still not working. I set my defensive strategy to Puck Side Attack before my game vs Ottawa but it was set to Standard at the start of the game.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 10-31-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:05 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Was looking forward to playing with the Jets in BeAGM post-super patch but an incorrect uniform will annoy me too much. Will it be fixed? Doubt it.

Feel quite sorry for the real Jets fans. Such an anticipated thing for those guys and the dev team screw it up at the first time of asking. In the grand scheme of things, an aesthetic detail is no big deal but it's a sure sign that no one at that studio seems to give a damn about stuff like this.

You'd have thought the artist and the QA team responsible just might have been bothered to actually google a few images of the jersey launch to make sure it was accurate.

This doesn't fill me with confidence that the gameplay freezes will be fixed if this is the standard of testing applied to patches.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

There really is no excuse to get it wrong, truly. They had seen the jerseys before the public did (or so I believe they said that..)

Regardless, totally unprofessional and sloppy...but that's not surprising at all.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

No patch notes yet on the EA forums. Hopefully something will go later today.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
Pro

Double-J's Arena

OVR: 8

Hoping that freezing is fixed on the PS3 so that I can actually start my season...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #22
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
BTW this patch had to have done more than add the logo and jerseys for St. John's and the jerseys for the Jets. The reason I say that is because pre-patch on faceoffs if you tied up the opposing center, your teammates would never come in to get the puck, but now I see them doing it all the time, which is a big relief for me.
Can anyone else confirm this? This is one of the few things that drives me nuts with this game. Lose the faceoff and you lose the zone. Would be awesome if this was fixed.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #23
Rookie

jocke7's Arena

OVR: 1

Is it out for xbox yet?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

for the PS3 users, did they fix the Panther's home jersey numbers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »