Home

MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete is Justin Verlander

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete is Justin Verlander within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Damn, so they are staying with this stale marketing campaign
Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #10
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete Revealed at Players Choice Awards, Nov. 3rd (Who Will it B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
2k has never released the cover athlete for mlb this early before correct?
Looks like they announced it last year November 15th, so it is a bit earlier than normal. Hopefully that's a good sign as far as their marketing goes (always seems to be late).
Old 11-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete is Justin Verlander

2K wastes the wrong kind of money on marketing. They better not throw a million dollars down the toilet with the perfect game contest again. Their sales have dropped each of the last two years and were pathetic. They also wasted a lot of money on a stupid RV that went around the country trying to promote the game. Spend some money on simple internet advertising and use the extra money for additional patches which are needed. It's tough to market a game that you have rushed out the door with a lot of glitches and bugs the last couple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 28
No surprise there, as He's the obvious choice with the perfect game marketing campaign.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
wow a Cleveland Brown on the cover of Madden and a Detroit Tiger on MLB 2k11 my 2 favorite teams represent baby.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13
Fascinating. Wake me when they tell us something that might make me consider whether or not I would buy the game. Hey, I know release is several months away, and I don't expect any previews still for a few months, but, c'mon, who gives a rats *** who is on a cover? If I want a picture of an athlete, I'll buy a poster. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I have never cared in the least who (if anyone) is on the cover of a videogame. If 2k paid more for having him on a cover, and I assume they did, to me, that's a waste of resources. I'd rather see improvement in the game. But, that's just me.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 2K12 Cover Athlete is Justin Verlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Fascinating. Wake me when they tell us something that might make me consider whether or not I would buy the game. Hey, I know release is several months away, and I don't expect any previews still for a few months, but, c'mon, who gives a rats *** who is on a cover? If I want a picture of an athlete, I'll buy a poster. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I have never cared in the least who (if anyone) is on the cover of a videogame. If 2k paid more for having him on a cover, and I assume they did, to me, that's a waste of resources. I'd rather see improvement in the game. But, that's just me.
I don't care who is on the cover either (it could be a plan white case if the game is good, for all I care), but I don't fault them for marketing it. A lot of people seem to care (including a great many people here, from commentary in these types of threads), so it makes sense to put the best pitcher of the last year on it.

As far as the resources go, generally speaking, an advertising budget is separate from developmental resources. So that should have little to do with what resources are used for the product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
I tried to trade for Verlander in last years game, but there the tigers wouldn't trade him, no matter who or how many players i gave them. Hopefully the trading gets better

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »