Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 04:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5

NBA 2K12 patch 1.03 is available now for 360. Please post your impressions here.

PS3 users have already had the patch for a few days and have posted impressions right here.

Here are the official patch notes:

GAMEPLAY
  • On-dribbler steal success rates have been tuned down.
  • Tuned accuracy of directional passing in order to more reliably pass to the intended target.
  • Improved help defense, specifically for rotations on pick-and-roll situations.
  • Defensive tuning on 3PT shots to reduce the success of contested threes.
  • Addressed an issue on drives to the basket where the help defender wouldn’t fully engage in the double team
  • Several matchmaking optimizations have been made in order to help users get into games quicker. This will reduce the amount of time the “Searching For Opponent…” screen is displayed for.
  • Addressed a number of network errors that would cause games to end prematurely.
  • Addressed an issue in Team-Up where certain conditions would lead to a player standing idle for prolonged periods of time.
  • Corrected a Win/Loss streak tracking issue such that the “Back to Back to Back” achievement/trophy will now unlock at the proper time.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0

i didnt feel any difference. only got 2 games in b4 work. my opponent had the knicks(HOF/SIM) and carmelo was splashing contested 3's just like before the patch. he went 9/11 from 3pt line. i had celtics and Paul Pierce went for a quiet 35 scoring from mostly midrange. it felt just like b4 the patch when i felt i could hit from anywhere with him. i did go 1-8 with ray but i hadnt played in a few days so i think my release was just off.
then i went Celtics vs Thunder(ranked match) and again it felt the same. dude wasnt that good so i cant say it was the patch because he was missing with everyone. lol. got ray's release back and went 8-9 from 3pt line. it never disconnected or anything weird. if dude was splashing 3's like that with melo, then im sure people can still get Steph Curry or Kobe and go crazy still from 3. lol. i just wish the defensive contesting of shots had more strength to it but whateva.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Playing mostly default All-Star/SIM sliders w/lowered shot success, upped fatigue@60, upped free throw difficulty@55, Clutch Factor off, default rosters. Spurs (cpu) at Lakers (me). Have only played a half so far. Quick impressions:

- Didn't like that the cpu play felt less... intense, maybe? But after playing more think that's because I'd gotten used to the cpu playing with too much awareness and me having to sweat every possession. I've been playing pretty free-form and without much structure just to get a feel for things and I'm down by 10. Surprised after the first quarter the cpu and I had the same amount of turnovers; cpu not playing near-flawless

- cpu play overall definitely seems more appropriate. Jefferson is finally playing like the bum he is and I feel like I'll have to make some adjustments for Duncan as he's not just getting his off scraps. Overstatement on Jefferson of course, but felt he's gone off unrealistically in the past when I've played the Spurs. It's always going to be a matter of perception but do feel the game's playing out as I'd expect it to/don't feel I'm having to overcompensate for the cpu playing above where I feel it should

- 3pt and contested shots have definitely been tweaked

- cpu's proficiency at hitting shots as the shot clock runs down has been noticeably toned down. Think they've only hit 2 that I can recall. Either way it's not standing out as it would previously

- Seems the cpu's reaction to user button input has been noticeably toned down. much easier to accelerate/get to the hole once a defender's hips are turned. Still don't think it's advisable to ride the turbo button but so far seems gamers are a little more rewarded for using turbo for burst

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Three's are still going in even when contested. I hit 10 3's in my first game online after the patch. Average 3 point shooters are capable of lighting it up off-the-dribble.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

The patch is now available for both the 360 and PS3, please post your impressions here.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Outside of defensive control being tighter and momentum shots being a little more awkward, I don't see much of a change/improvement....
Old 11-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

So far so good. I can't speak about online at the moment.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Only thing they fixed was lag, n matchmaking.. 3ptrs n steals still crazy.. Solution is to tone the sliders for 3ptrs n onball steals.. N tone blocks in the paint way down.. Pgs blocking centers in paint?? Tone it down asap

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »