Home

Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive)

This is a discussion on Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
I'm surprised EA did this. Much props for this, great idea and what we gamers have always asked for. It is a great price for FNC. The game was a lot better than what it became since the day I purchased it.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
I like this idea very much...
Old 11-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I like this idea very much...
I like the idea too, especially for people who don't play much online. If you wanted to run through the single player story of BF3 or MW3, I think this is a good option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Well, I'm somewhat ticked because I paid $30 for the full game. HOWEVER, this could revolutionize offerings for casual players, like myself. I typically only use a fraction of the features of most sports games (I just want to play -- I don't play dynasty modes, My Player modes or anything like that). It would be great if I only pay for what I play.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Not sure why anyone would pay $5 for a poorly done tutorial. The voice acting is done pretty well, but in the end this is just a tutorial done in story mode and its linear, you don't really even get to fight full boxing matches for the most part.
That's exactly why this is a GOOD idea. Because if you don't want Champion Mode....then don't buy Champion Mode. Simple.

Give me "Play Now" Mode with all the fighters and arenas at a much cheaper price and I'm good.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
That's exactly why this is a GOOD idea. Because if you don't want Champion Mode....then don't buy Champion Mode. Simple.

Give me "Play Now" Mode with all the fighters and arenas at a much cheaper price and I'm good.
After reading again maybe you do have to purchase Champion Mode to start out. Even still.......five dollars is not bad at all to ultimately pay a much lower price for the main mode I want, instead of being out 60 bucks.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wait a minute is everyone forgetting EA abandoned this game and decided not to put out anymore patches and left it broken. Legacy mode doesnt work. It freezes up 100% of the time. they were never able to get jab and body punch effectiveness correct. Unless I missed something and these issues were fixed. I guess for 5 bux its worth it tho. Beware of legacy mode unless im mistaken it was never addressed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks (PS3 Exclusive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
Wait a minute is everyone forgetting EA abandoned this game and decided not to put out anymore patches and left it broken. Legacy mode doesnt work. It freezes up 100% of the time. they were never able to get jab and body punch effectiveness correct. Unless I missed something and these issues were fixed. I guess for 5 bux its worth it tho. Beware of legacy mode unless im mistaken it was never addressed
The game is still broken but Champion Mode works as planned...but "Champion Mode" is just a tutorial in story mode.

I do like the idea of each item of a game being sold ala cart though. I basically only use FNC for fight Now fights. If that portion of the game with the complete roster was $5, it would be a bargain, even though the game played better at release than the patched and tuned version.

In fact, if EA would let me play the unpatched/untuned version with my Downloaded content for $5, I'd pay them for that. Sad but true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »