Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Played my first online game after the patch for 360. I was able to find a match within 10 seconds. I picked the Bulls VS Celtics.

First thing I notice, like spankdatazz22 said, was the input lag. The animation is smooth, but I can feel that the lag is there.

Not sure if the steal success rate was tuned down or the reach in fouls was tuned up.

My opponent kept throwing up contested 3s with Ray Allen and this time it doesn't go in as easily. He ended up with 24% from the arc. I went 7/15 for 3. Basically he kept running around with Rondo trying to steal and double teaming Boozer which left guys on the perimeter open.

I'm not seeing any difference with the passing yet on my first game...maybe due to the input lag. Some passes still feel lazy & slow.

I just wish 2K change online ranked match to Superstar Sim level.

Last edited by iRebound; 11-09-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just finished an online game Wolves vs Wizards. I dropped 30 points with Love on 10-19 (6-12 from 3) and 20 with Beasley. It was funny to watch my opponent switch from press to zone to man to attempt to steal spam and I kept lighting his *** up with treys. I scored 78 points which is my highest amount so far.

I don't think I've gotten better with the game overnight even though the Wolves have been my team of the week and I run a patient offense.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

does anybody else think that animations are little bit weird after patch? animations suddenly speed up when you go from running to the layup or a dunk and on defense i noticed when you try to steal the ball it seems that animation stops for a milisecond and then continues!maybe itīs just me but it feels weird!I play offline!

Last edited by nikoemo; 11-09-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #20
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoemo
does anybody else think that animations are little bit weird after patch? animations suddenly speed up when you go from running to the layup or a dunk and on defense i noticed when you try to steal the ball it seems that animation stops for a milisecond and then continues!maybe itīs just me but it feels weird!
No, the animation transitions have definitely loss some fluidity with this patch.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm not expecting every guy I face online to know basketball, nor am I expecting the game to somehow force them to place realistic basketball. What I'm expecting is for the game to give me tools to where I can play basketball and win against a person who isn't.

So, if I'm playing simulation basketball on a simulation basketball game, and my opponent is playing arcade basketball on a simulation basketball game and can win consistently, that's what I have a problem with.
I'm not going to sidetrack the thread. I haven't watched you play nor have I faced every kind of cheeser. But my experience is someone that there a more knowledgeable player that's willing to make adjustments will win out more often than not against someone using helter-skelter tactics. I'm not even that knowledgeable regarding 2K11/12 but my experience has been showing patience/not getting frustrated is probably key above all else.

My luck ran out as I just played a guy that did nothing but swipe at the ball. His twist was to constantly try to draw charges. He did have too much success using those tactics - there were a lot of fouls called, but still many more should've been called. Changing my pace and style (laying off turbo, being more deliberate w/passes,etc.), and not becoming frustrated helps deal. I just got tired of playing him. If you're saying [your] sim style should win out above all else, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's a video game. I don't like throwing that out there as if it's an excuse, because I feel 2K can do more to discourage that style of play. But on some level you have to be reasoned enough to understand it's a videogame where they're trying to find some sense of balance between online/offline, arcade/simulation style play

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 12

I play mostly in My Player, and have played one game with my team (Jazz) against the Wizards. Overall result was good. The Jazz are in fourth in the West and the Wiz are cellar dwellers out east; I think the final score was 110-85 or something (12 min. quarters, Pro/Sim).

Assists came a little easier for my PG (he ended up with 7), although there were still a few cheesy steals for the CPU. Some legit ones though, too. And contested shots definitely don't go in at the same rate for the CPU as they used to.

One thing that I would love to see addressed that's very specific to My Player is on plays like PHI Iso 3 and Iso 2 and some floppy sets (where a SG or SF runs off a low screen to the 3-point line). If I don't time the pass just right, the SG or SF will run way past the three-point line, which is fine, that's my fault for not throwing the pass well. But then when they catch it 5 to 10 feet behind the line they will just automatically heave up the three. This is particularly frustrating when I also dish to guys who are open and in range and they throw it right back to me. There must be some AI subroutine telling them to jack it up right off the catch, even if it's a totally garbage shot.

But overall, thank you, 2K, for getting this patch out. Can't wait for the big one!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Quote:
But my original point was this:

I'm not expecting every guy I face online to know basketball, nor am I expecting the game to somehow force them to place realistic basketball. What I'm expecting is for the game to give me tools to where I can play basketball and win against a person who isn't.

So, if I'm playing simulation basketball on a simulation basketball game, and my opponent is playing arcade basketball on a simulation basketball game and can win consistently, that's what I have a problem with.
I think you're one of the only people on this site that gets what I try to point out. I understand that it's a game, but it's a sim game. I would hope that someone who plays the game realistically would have a better chance to win than someone who is not.

On topic though. I have noticed a little difference in 3 point shooting & stealing which is encouraging for me!

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0

Last edited by TalenT; 11-09-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #24
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I don't know if it's affecting you 360 guys, but on the PS3 online, I noticed that the shot and layup/dunk animations were slower and the defensive animation is faster, which is leading to more blocks in the paint.
I played two games online on the 360 vs Mavs and GSW(I used the 76ers). It could have just been the people I was playing but the 3pt success was definetly toned down and so were the steals. I got several fouls called against the GSW player by putting my back to the basket. As he/she tried to reach in, I would get a whistle I'd say one out of every 2-3 reach in attempts. He was no where near a steal spammer so I can't say it's completely fixed. I had no complaints about 3pt or mid range success either as it seemed fair to me.

The Dallas game was great as we went into OT but he got me. GSW game was close too but I managed to pull away in the 4th. The guys I played did not attempt to cheese so I guess I can't say everything is perfect but playing defense felt alot better and the games felt fair.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »