Home

Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

Ben Haumiller talks to Kotaku's Owen Good at length about how the realignment uncertainty affects development of NCAA Football 13.

Here are some of the bullet points, but you should definitely read the detailed article, right here.

Quote:
  • They're working on a scheduling logic that accounts for a 22-team conference.
  • They may include it in the game even if C-USA/MWC does not merge. It depends on space and other budget considerations.
  • They've had to develop multiple contingency plans for their scheduling logic.
  • They would probably never include the ability to rename or remove a conference in Dynasty set-up, for obvious reasons.
  • They would likewise never insert AI that realigns conferences midseason, independent of the user.
  • They won't try to predict future membership changes, as the TCU/Big East lesson this year bears out.
  • They don't want to hear their Madden colleagues bitching about schedule changes, that's for sure.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
How about they fix the damn broken gameplay first.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
How about they fix the damn broken gameplay first.
yup exactly man exactly
Old 11-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

How about we stay on topic and wait for gameplay details, broken or fixed.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Yeah I feel for Ben and his team its definately a cluster **** that is not only hindering video game college football but ruining college footballl imo. Most of these teams that will compete will have no history,no games to reflect upon..no revenge factor! Having teams in the same region just makes sense. Kids play harder against known foes or schools that didnt recruit them and we would still have decades of rivalry games! I know some people will say create new rivalry's but why destroy the nastalgia??!!! Money rules I accept that but it doesnt make all these moves suck less

Last edited by CMH; 11-13-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: fixed language
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6
Sounds like a perfect (first) excuse for when the game doesn't work properly.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

I mean, I like that they are doing this. They need to. By the time the final version of the game is out, who knows where some of these teams are going to be and what the logos/divisions/etc will be. At the same time, it sounds like they are overthinking the topic. They couldn't even figure out scheduling logic to give some teams a full 12 game schedule if you edit the schedules of other teams. This will end up costing me a bowl bid in one dynasty, because I'll end 5-6 with no way to win a 6th game as I only have 11 games (took over midseason).

This sounds incredibly complicated and with too many open variables to write a code without inherent problems. And even in the event the code is completed, the amount of time spent on this will no doubt take away from parts of the game in dire need of help.

Why not set a firm date (say April 1) for conferences to decide what they are doing. If it isn't done by then, program the game as the conferences are set at that point and then keep the custom conferences as programmed now, up to 16.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
Since he mentioned their code in this article...

"Haumiller said his team is "Building CODE" for NCAA 13 that tries to accommodate scheduling in a 22-team.

They just admitted that they have serious issues with tampering with their code in patch #4.

Now they're going to build on top of this same code for scheduling?

How quickly NCAA 12 is scraped to the side in preperation for the next marketing injection.
I'm sorry, but the guy acts like there were no issues with NCAA 12 in this article.

I hope gamers really take a scalpel to NCAA 13 before they buy!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »