Home

WWE 12 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE 12 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
WWE 12 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Now that WWE 12 is available to everyone, we are starting over, with a fresh impressions slate for the OS community.

As we like to keep the clutter down, please post your impressions only. If you have a question, please post in our WWE 12 Q&A thread.

If you would like to read impressions from some of the lucky OS'ers that received the game much earlier, click here.

Renowned WWE Simulation Franchise Returns to Action, Delivering Core Gameplay Improvements, Most Extensive Feature Set to Date and Instinctive Presentation

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - November 22, 2011 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that WWE® ’12, the long-awaited rebirth of the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise, is now available at North American retailers for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. Featuring a bigger game, badder presentation and better simulation-based gameplay, including critical core gameplay improvements, the most creative and extensive feature set to date and a visceral, edgy and polished presentation, WWE ’12 is available now for the suggested retailed prices of US $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system) and US $49.99 (Wii).

“WWE ’12 delivers an incredible experience for fans this year through significant gameplay improvements, a robust, diverse feature set and the most polished presentation to date in the franchise,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “Now is the time to get in the virtual ring and experience WWE action like never before.”
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Qb; 11-22-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30
Re: WWE12 Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

Picked up the PS3 version this morning at Target for $47. If you plan on getting it there, don't wait around, I grabbed their last copy two hours after they opened.

I've played three matches this morning and so far am impressed. Every match is back and forth, yet not a reversal fest. I'm still getting a grasp on the new controls, so we'll see if it remains back and forth after I know what I'm doing.

Just got done completing a Royal Rumble. It was actually really fun. Only complaint is they are definitely very User friendly. Seems like HUM controlled players can eliminate the CPU at will and fend off CPU attempts easily. That being said, I still had to control three different guys to actually win the match(finally won the match with Sin Cara at lucky number 27)
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9

Picked it up from Target with no problem, been playing for about an hour. Awesome to see CM with his new music. Started playing the Road to Wrestlemania to unlock some new stuff and I'm stuck on the tag match in the first PPV where your supposed to finish off the Big Show. Seriously what is this, you can't pin him it's literally disabled, you can't tag your teammates also disabled. I can't make him submit since he pins me before I can get a second special. I don't know what is going on, maybe I'm missing something blatantly obvious but I just keep failing and I have no idea why or how I'm supposed to beat it. I'm liking the actual in game gameplay so far but in this particular match they do a terrible job of explaining what's going on.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

Got to Target right at 8. Talking to the lady they had 8 Xbox 360 copies and it was kind of a mess getting them. Played for about 2 hours now... I love it. Road to Wrestlemania is not my favorite, but I don't think that's the center pieces of the game anymore like I think game informer complained of. So far in Universe I've had one strange thing happened 2 weeks in. Big Show and R-Truth formed an alliance attacking Cena, but Evan Bourne attacked Swagger handing Cena the match.

Over all it's a lot of fun, I'll be playing this a lot! I've won some matches and lost some, but not had a match that's bored me. Can't wait to get into Create an Arena and CAW
Old 11-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Spent about an hour on the game and man I havent had this much fun with a wrestling game in a long while. The controls definitely remind me of No Mercy. BTW, Daniel Bryan is a beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Spectacular failures before I even get to a match. Can't even put in the online code so no silver can't download CAWs or movesets or creations in general. Again there is absolutely no excuse for this,PS3 people don't need PSN+ there's no reason I need gold. THQ respect -20. BTW if anyone wants to wait and buy it used I have a code to give out!

So they've instantly lost my sale as that's entirely unacceptable and I go off to explore the menus. There actually doesn't appear to be a way to switch to the old kick out system nor a slider for the one that's there so you're stuck with that lawd awful thing. Spectacular failure #2. No excuse for either,it should absolutely be an option.

They've yet again charaged for something that should be in the game with the attributes (THQ respect -50) and the commentary is terrible. But joo already knew that.

Then I go into universe. Figured I'd get a handle on the controls first before going through RTWM. Try to set Punk/ADR for the title as the 3rd match as the last one is scheduled as Cena vs. ??? and go back to the screen but it seems you have to play whatever match you set when you set it. So I set it for the first match. Gameplay is improved. Not a lot though. Matches last slightly longer than they did before. This is by default. New animation engine is nice. The problem here came when I hit the GTS. This being a supposeded WWE Title match I expected a HUGE pop for the finisher and a big 1,2,3! count from the crowd. Nothing. It was as dead as when Hunico entered at Survivor Series. So I expect Punk to be celebrating with the title but no. A normal victory scene occured then the Lesnar thing happend. I check the champions after the match and ADR was STILL the champ despite having lost the match. So don't make your first match in universe a title match because if you do the title won't change.

I head off to RTWM since I've got things figured out now. Brouge kick is a ***** to hit.
I get to Bragging Rights and the way that's handled is pretty neat. Well I thought so at first until the match broke. The objective was to beat down Big Show. Somehow Swagger got tagged in,it appeared there was no actual tag. So I spend 5-10 minutes beating on Swagger. No way to pin him,the sub thing just goes in his favor and no matter how much I back off he refuses to tag Big Show back in. I went and got DQ'd. This is a very long match no matter what so thankfully it was saved at the "checkpoint" but I wasn't pleased with that at all. The new camera made it pretty hard to see sometimes during the match because someone on the appron would be in the way.

So my initial impression is as a sign in the crowd says.
We Are
NOT
Impressed
Old 11-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 2
Spent a little time playing and watching. Coolest thing I've seen so far is a cage match between Rock and HBK. Michaels hits SCM then goes to climb out but Rock gets up and pulls him down before he can get out. As soon as Michaels hits the ground Rocks kicks him in the stomach and goes for the Rock Bottom. Michaels counters it into another SCM climbs out and wins. Awesome.

On those objective based matches in RtWM, just keep beating him till the Y button appears over Show's head. Hit Y and it will trigger the cut scene. Confused me at first too.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Then I go into universe. Figured I'd get a handle on the controls first before going through RTWM. Try to set Punk/ADR for the title as the 3rd match as the last one is scheduled as Cena vs. ??? and go back to the screen but it seems you have to play whatever match you set when you set it. So I set it for the first match. Gameplay is improved. Not a lot though. Matches last slightly longer than they did before. This is by default. New animation engine is nice. The problem here came when I hit the GTS. This being a supposeded WWE Title match I expected a HUGE pop for the finisher and a big 1,2,3! count from the crowd. Nothing. It was as dead as when Hunico entered at Survivor Series. So I expect Punk to be celebrating with the title but no. A normal victory scene occured then the Lesnar thing happend. I check the champions after the match and ADR was STILL the champ despite having lost the match. So don't make your first match in universe a title match because if you do the title won't change.
The whole point of this is to unlock Brock Lesnar. I believe everyone has the same outcome in the first show of universe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »